CHAPTER 12.

"My young Lord. I come in peace," the strange angel says.

"Who are you?" Zed asks on confusion and the hooded man removes his hood and smiles at Zed.

Zed looks at him for a while before releasing his fists and steps back, eyes wide and mouth open. The strange angel goes down on one knee, placing a hand on his other knee and bows his head.

"It's been a long time young Lord," the angel says, standing up properly.

"Uncle Decklan? What are you doing here?" Zed asks, sitting down beside me once more. I am so confused with what is going on but I decide to keep quiet and watch.

"Call me Decklan please. Uncle makes me look old."

"Then call me Zed. I am not the young Lord anymore," Zed replies the man and sighs.

"As you wish," the man says, still smiling.

"What are you doing here Decklan?" Zed asks again, this time holding my hand and nodding at me in a manner that says everything is okay.

"I came looking for you after your grandma told us everything. We really thought you were dead. I was so shocked hearing that you've been here all this time," Decklan says as he comes closer.

"It's not safe here for you and I'm sure you know that. You really need to leave." Zed removes his hand from mine and pushes it through his hair. It seems like he didn't really want to talk to this angel called Decklan or whatever.

"You need to leave with me then Zed. You're not safe here either," Decklan says. "I was on my way here to discuss with your grandma so I was shocked when I saw her on the way to our city."

"I'm not going anywhere. I can take care of myself," Zed counters immediately as a frown makes its way to his face again.

"We have a lot to talk about. I would prefer in private though," Decklan says, looking in my direction.

"She's not going anywhere Deck. She's with me so say what you want to say and leave," Zed snaps and even I haven't seen him getting pissed off like this.

"It's really important," Decklan pleads.

I stand up and look down at Zed as he lifts his head to look at me. Offering a smile, I nod my head slightly, telling him that it's okay. He sighs before getting up and holding my hands, a tingling feeling taking over my body at his touch.

"I'll be taking her home. Hide somewhere till I get back," Zed commands and starts walking away, pulling me with him.

"As you wish young Lord." I hear Decklan's voice as Zed pulls me away gently.

We walk for about five minutes, none of us saying a word. I want to know who that was and why Zed got irritated but I don't want to overstep my boundaries so I keep quiet.

"Decklan used to be my father's right-hand man," Zed says as if reading my thoughts.

"Oh," I simply say, not knowing how to answer.

"Him showing up here just reminds me of a lot. There's just so much in my head right now," Zed admits with a sigh.

"Zed I'm sorry all these are happening all of a sudden. I want you to know that I'm with you and will always be I promise," I say as I tighten my grip on his hand.

"You can't promise me that Eva. You barely even know me," He mumbles under his breath but I make out his words.

I know he's going through a lot right now with his cover being blown and everyone trying to kill him and now Decklan bringing back memories but I can't help feeling as though he rejected me without even thinking twice about it, as crazy as that sounds.

With a small smile, I remove my hand from his and fold them as we keep walking. "I know I barely know you but I'm making that promise as long as you don't make me regret it."

He looks at me and takes my hand in his again. "I'm sorry Eve. I shouldn't have talked to you that way."

The use of that nickname causes me to smile. "It's okay. I understand."

"So, we're good? You'll still go out with me tomorrow?"

I chuckle at his nervousness. "Yes Zed. I'll still go out with you."

Getting to the front of my house, Zed lets go of me and waits for me to enter even though I can see he wants me to stay a bit. I climb on a stair and place a hand on his white hair, feeling it a bit. As strange as it sounds, I feel comfortable doing it. I notice a smile crawl to his face as he holds my waist and pulls me closer, causing me to jump down the stair.

He looks me in the eyes and even though it's a little bit dark, I can see the way his eyes get darker as they land on my lips. I bite my lower lip without even thinking and he lets out a groan.

"Don't do that Eve," he mumbles against my ears leaving hot trails of air and a ticklish feeling there.

"What? I didn't do anything." I chuckle lightly at the ticklish sensation.

"Don't bite your lips unless you want me to kiss you right here right now." His voice is husky and his breathing is unsystematic. "It's taking everything in me not to kiss the hell out of you right now."

Now who's a girl to refuse this?

I chuckle again and bite my lips before putting my arms around his neck. "Truth be told, I wouldn't mind that."

His eyes widen in surprise for a moment before he gets himself and crashes his lips on mine. He has a sweet but difficult-to-know taste which I definitely don't think I would be getting used to anytime soon and the crazy feeling inside of me isn't helping. He is like a hungry animal who just found food right now but still is extremely careful eating it. I tug his hair, making him let out a soft moan.

He breaks the kiss so we can catch our breaths before pecking my lips one last time and grinning. "You can't imagine how long I've thought about kissing you again."

I look away from him as my cheeks start getting warm. "So, you've always wanted to kiss me again?"

With his eyes not leaving my face and his hands still on my waist, he smiles. "More than anything babe."