CHAPTER 11.

I have been a little restless since Buttertooth told me that I kissed Zed. It was during an all school get together, something that schools did once in a while in an attempt to get students from different schools to know each other. Buttertooth and I, with a few other friends, played truth or dare and I was dared to kiss a boy I hadn't noticed was behind me. He wore a hood and wasn't talking to anyone even though his friend, I had guessed, was sitting beside him.

The look in his eyes when I walked up to him and kissed him was confusing though but when he kissed me back, I felt my breath being knocked out of me. It was when his friend cleared his throat that the boy backed away, staring at me for a while before standing up and leaving, his friend following from behind.

That was the most mysterious kiss I ever had. I can't imagine it was with Zed. Now that I think about it, his friend was Puffer. I really hope Zed is okay right now. I need to see him.

Standing up from my bed, I walk downstairs, slowly making my way pass a sleeping Buttertooth and then out of my house. It's the middle of the night already and everywhere is peaceful and beautiful. The moon, being the only source of light at the moment, illuminates the environment. The houses look alike and are arranged in such an orderly manner, it's easy to move around but it'll be hard for a visitor to locate which house he or she wants to go to.

Mrs Purplestorm's house only takes about ten minutes to walk to and when I get there, I immediately realize this is a bad idea. I can't possibly wake them up by this time. Heaving a sigh, I turn to walk back home when I hear a voice in my head.

"Thought you came over to see me babe." The voice belongs to Zed. I turn around to look for him but can't find him anywhere.

"I'm behind you," the voice says again and I turn instantly only to see a tall figure behind me. I almost scream but he places a hand on my mouth.

"It's me babe," Zed says with a smirk on his face before removing his hand.

"You scared me. Why would you sneak up on me like that?" I ask before I realize that he isn't wearing a hood this time.

"What are you doing here?" He sits in front of the house and I join him.

"Well I came to check up on you," I say, looking forward even though I can notice his gaze on me. "I also wanted to say thank you. You saved my life."

I hear him chuckle a bit before looking forward himself. "It's okay and I am fine."

"You were stabbed pretty bad, at least that's what I was told. How are you able to walk around?" I ask as I search around his body for any injuries, straining my eyes in the process due to the lack of good lighting.

"I honestly don't know. One moment I wasn't okay and the next, I was. It was as if I heard someone praying for me and I started feeling better." He shrugs, not looking at me but has a small frown on.

"Well I prayed for you. I'm sure people did too." I offer a smile and he returned it with his signature grin, showing off his perfectly white teeth.

"Zed what do yo–" I start but I trail off, figuring this probably isn't the best time to talk about it.

"What were you going to ask?" He looks at me with raised brows and I shake my head.

"Nothing."

"Lies. I know you wanted to ask me something so talk to me," he says, pushing further so I give in with a sigh.

"Fine. I was going to ask what you thought about today? Like what happened to us back there?" I ask.

"I don't know but my grandma might know about it. Mrs Purplestorm has made sure that she skipped town so she's not around but I'll find out." He sighs and pushes his hands through his white hair.

"Your grandma skipped town? Where did she go? Wait! You have a grandma?" I ask almost too fast and too suddenly that I cover my mouth with my hands to stop myself.

He chuckles again, the sound making me stare at him in admiration. He looks at me and smirks before I snap out of my thoughts, my cheeks warming up as I look away in embarrassment even though I know he probably won't even notice it.

"Maybe if you go out with me tomorrow, I'll answer your questions?" He says too smoothly for someone who I haven't seen talking to anyone except Puffer and Mrs Purplestorm.

"Um like a date?" I ask before I can even stop myself.

"I'm not rushing you into anything but if you're okay with that then okay," he says as he scratches the back of his head as if being nervous.

"Yes, I would love to go out with you Zed," I say with a smile and his eyes widen slightly like he wasn't expecting my answer.

"Cool then," he mumbles as he looks down, facing the ground.

Picking up the courage, I decide to bring up the kiss. "Zed it was you I kissed two years ago during the last all school get together right?"

He looks back at me and now has a goofy smile planted on his face. "Was it? I don't recall that."

I shake my head and playfully push his head. "I know you do. Honestly, I didn't remember till Buttertooth reminded me today. I just figured you looked really familiar."

"Hmm. Are you sure you didn't remember? I was sure you wouldn't forget a very spectacular and special face like mine." He smirks and comes closer to my face, making me skip a beat.

"I didn't take you as the cocky type but I guess I shouldn't have judged you just yet." I smirk back, hiding the fact that our closeness is making my insides excited.

He laughs out, moving his face away from mine. "You're something else Eva."

"So, about the kiss..." I start but trail off when Zed stands up and stares hard at something behind me, frowning as he walks in front of me as if trying to block me from view.

"Who's there?" He asks, clenching his fists as a hooded figurecomes out from hiding with raised hands and black wings.