CHAPTER 3.

The school field hasn't even been trimmed for months but that's where we are supposed to stay for the public announcement which is going to start in a couple of minutes. The ankle length grass gives me the chills as it makes contact with my skin.

I walk over to a spot with less grass to stay, reaching down to clean my legs with a piece of clothing I always around in school. It doesn't take long for the Principal to come out and clear his throat, getting the students to stay quiet. Other teachers come around but my eyes land on Mrs Purplestorm. She nods at me with a small smile which I return and turn my attention back to the Principal.

"As you all probably already know, wing robes are clothes that make provision or space for wings and its comfortability. So as promised, we will close early today and put you in groups. Each group will decide where they want to buy their wing robe or robes as the case may be." A few female students laugh while the males just shake their heads as the Principal speaks.

He's right though. I know myself too well. I can't buy only one wing robe. I've waited to get my wings for a very long time and so I'm too excited to buy just one wing robe.

"After that, they will be allowed to go to anywhere of their choice to have fun. Meaning, you can go to a nearby restaurant and eat together or something. Just don't get hurt or go missing," the Principal says, trying to be funny but it only takes a wrong turn.

A boy starts clapping from behind me and almost everyone joins in. The Principal starts smiling brightly as if he just won an award, not knowing that he was actually being mocked. Some of the teachers catch on to this but all they can do is shake their heads or shoot us glares, which we totally don't care about.

"Each group will of course have a supervisor. That should be all. You can check which group you belong to on the lists pasted in front of your class. You can all go now."

We don't even look to see if the Principal has left or if the teachers are following us. We just run to check our names. Tomorrow is our graduation day so the school decided that we wouldn't learn today but instead, we would go buy some wing robes and then have fun together.

Let's say more like an excursion since we will be having supervisors. It's still hard to believe I'm getting wings tomorrow.

I finally get to the front of my class to check the lists but my classmates already beat me to it. There's definitely no way I could push my way through the small crowd so I rest on a wall and wait instead. I can see a few of my friends and they all seem so excited. I smile at my best friend, Buttertooth, who seems to have gotten into the same group as the school's bad boy, Jaqman.

Why she's so happy is something I don't understand. He's a jerk, a freak, a flirt and a... "Oh, I see why now," I mutter to myself.

After a few minutes of waiting, I can finally check the lists. I walk slowly to the board, praying that I don't end up with the worst bunch, especially cause it's my last day of school and I need to enjoy it. Finally getting to the lists after a long and slow stroll, I search for my name. It takes me about five minutes to find it and another five minutes to process the thought of being in the same group with two strangers. Blinking a few times, I rub my eyes before checking again just to be sure I'm seeing right. I know the name Puffer before but who in the world is Zed?

The only good thing I see here is that our supervisor is Mrs Purplestorm. At least I'll have fun with my favourite teacher. I decide to go find her so we'd talk about our plans for the day but just as I turn to leave, I bump into something hard. It takes me a few seconds to realize that it isn't a wall but an actual angel being. "OMG, you must be made out of metal."

"I'm so sorry," I say immediately in an attempt to cover up my last statement. I do not want to sound rude.

Looking up to see who I hit, it turns out to be the same boy who stood up and left the world history class yesterday. He's wearing a short-sleeved hood and has his hair covered, making it hard to see his face but I see a few strands of white looking hair. We are still standing so close to each other and even though it's hard to see his face, I can feel that he has his eyes down on me.

Now that I am this close to him, I actually notice how handsome he is. He has a well-structured face and must really work out a lot, I mean look at these guns. My eyes wander around his arms as I get lost in thoughts.

"Whatever," he says as he steps back, giving me enough space to leave before he goes to look at the lists.

I am still lost in thoughts as I walk to Mrs Purplestorm's office. Something about this dude looks awfully familiar but it's hard placing my thoughts on it. After a while, I shrug and decide to let it go but I run into someone, again.

"I'm so sorry," I say for the second time. I really have to stop overthinking stuff that's not important or my business.

"It's okay. Did you see your group already?" I hear a familiar voice say. I face up to see that it's Buttertooth. My clumsy feeling is immediately replaced with a smile.

"Yeah. I got in with two strangers though but we're going to be supervised by Mrs Purplestorm," I say and her smile brightens.

"That's amazing. At least you got your favourite teacher. I have to spend my day with Mr Trushin. I don't like that pervert." She pouts and that makes me laugh so hard that tears start threatening to come out.

"Do not make that face like ever again."

Someone nudges me and walks past in a hurry, making me suddenly aware that we are standing in the middle of the narrow pathway leading to the announcement board. I grab Buttertooth's arm, walking away from there to a free classroom since the only students in school today are my classmates.

"Stop laughing at me. I wish I was in the same group with you." She folds her hands and rolls her eyes.

Mr Trushin has always had a thing for Buttertooth. He's like forty and she's just sixteen so I guess she sees him as a creep.

"At least you get to spend your last day of school with your everyday crush." I smirk and she laughs. I really don't get what she sees in that Jaqman dude. Yes, he's good looking and all but he's a real piece of work.

I guess I just never liked him.

"I know I know. But he doesn't even notice me. Like not even one tiny bit." She pouts even harder this time, making me chuckle a little.

"Then maybe you should NOT crush on him anymore," I say in form of a rhetorical question which makes her laugh for a moment but then stops to think about what I just said.

"That's not a bad idea you know. Okay then, I'll crush on him for the last day and then from tomorrow, I won't." She grins and pats my shoulder as I think about the stupid logic she just made up. I shake my head in utter disbelief.

How in the world did I meet this girl again? But then again, she's the only angel who understands me.

"I was going to Mrs Purplestorm's office so I'll talk to you later."

We peck ourselves on the cheeks before I walk out of the classroom and head towards the office area.