CHAPTER 29.

After eating a quick breakfast, I go to look for Buttertooth outside. A minute of searching later, I see her talking to a random guy who definitely is a Fallen and well, it seems to me like she's flirting, with a weird smile is planted on her face and a smirk clearly playing on his.

Walking up to where she is, I clear my throat and she almost jumps out of her skin like a child who has been caught by his or her mother doing something wrong.

"Hey Eva. Don't scare me like that," she says, holding her chest.

"I'm sorry but that was kind of cute and well uhm, a little weird." I smile, raising my brows, trying to look as normal as possible.

"Whatever. This is Krison, a new friend of mine." She smiles at him before introducing me. "And this is Evalaine, my best friend."

"Nice meeting you Evalaine." He reaches for a handshake and even I find that a bit old.

"Yeah sure. Same." I shake him with a mutual smile. "I'm sorry though but I need to steal her. We've got something we need to do."

"We do?" She whispers and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, It's okay. I'll see you two around then?" He says out as he slowly walks away.

"But yes of course," she replies with a fake accent, probably still flirting with him. Poor thing doesn't know she's just leading him on.

I let out a sigh and wait for her to turn to face me. "Are you done?"

"Yep. So, what's this thing we need to do?" She says and holds my hand as she leads me away.

"Talk." I shrug and she laughs.

"You ruined my conversation with that really hot Fallen dude just so we could talk?" She rolls her eyes but still has a smile on.

"Yep. I think you might want to know about the things Filn told me last night," I say and her smile widens.

"Okay then. Let's take a walk in this direction while we talk. This is the only part of this big house I haven't gone to yet," she says proudly as though it's an achievement that she has probably broken into every corner of the house.

"Whatever you want." I shake my head as she drags me along.

"Okay so this is what I found out..." I tell her everything Filn had told me last night and she listens without interrupting. We stop one or two times on the way so she can slowly take in the big truth I was revealing.

"Wow. So, Mrs Purplestorm was a Priestess and not just that, she was the late King's Priestess?" She says, trying to process everything.

"Yes." I nod in response as we keep walking, nearing the end of the building.

"She also like raped him and then had a kid for him?" She asks again and this time, I chuckle.

"Well you could put it that way," I say and she nods, not smiling.

"So, where's her kid?" She asks and all amusement drains from my face.

"I don't know. What if it's Zed?" I ask, trying to figure it out.

"I've thought about that but that wouldn't make any sense," she answers me calmly as we reach the end of the building.

"Why do you say so?" I let my eyes wander around the place and just as I am about to look away, I spot something. I walk closer to it and notice it looks like a door handle. A really old one.

"Well it's simple. Everyone knows that the late Queen had white hair which Zed clearly has too," she says and, in a way, that makes sense to me.

"I can see a door. Should we check it out?" I say once I confirm it's an actual door.

"Of course, we should," she says excitedly, forgetting what we were actually talking about.

She walks up to the door and opens it, the squeaks and dust telling us that nobody has been here in a very long time. We slowly make our way in but the darkness that welcomes us doesn't make it any easy to see around.

"It's so dark in here. Are there no windows or something?" Her voice echoes through the entire place.

"What should we do?" I ask as the darkness starts creeping me out.

"Uhm, let me think for a bit. Wait! That's it," she shouts as an idea pops into her head.

"You don't have to shout. What did you figure out?" I roll my eyes even though I know she can't see it.

"You're the current Priestess, right?" She asks as though I'm supposed to understand what she's trying to say immediately.

"Yeah? What if I am?" I ask and she sighs.

"You should just do that magic thingy like Mrs Purplestorm. You know, make us some light," she says.

"That's your big idea?" I say, shaking my head.

"Well are you going to do it or not?" She slaps my arm lightly.

"Ouch. That hurt." I hold unto the pained area. "I wish I could do it but I haven't learnt how to yet."

"Ah, I get. Let's just go outside first and think of a way. I don't like this darkness," she says and drags me out.

I dust off cobwebs from my clothes once I'm outside and sigh at the thought that it sure would have been easier if I could just say a spell or something and create a light. The only thing I know how to do is mind link with—

"Why didn't I think of that?" I smile to myself as I figure out a way.

"Think of what?" She asks as she just about finishes dusting herself clean.

"Zed," I simply say and she raises her brows in confusion. "I can mind link with him so why don't I tell him to get us some light and maybe some cover clothes too."

"That's a good idea because I'm not about to go all the way back to my room just to get those. Tell him to bring Puffer along," she says and I nod.

I think it'll be better if they knew the truth. We've been in the dark for so long and we also are doing this together so it'll really be unfair keeping the boys out of it. We could tell them everything while checking this mysterious place together, that should be fun.

Heaving a sigh, I place my hands together and close my eyes. "Hey Zed, you there?"

It takes a moment before I hear his voice. "Eva, um yeah I am."

"Look, Buttertooth and I are somewhere at the back side of your dad's house. We were wondering if you could bring us light and some cover clothes."

"What? Are you both okay?" He asks, sounding concerned.

"Yeah yeah. We just want to check out an old room here. W–we're not trying to break into your privacy or something. The point is we have something to tell you so come with Puffer too."

"Is that why you talked to me?" He asks, his voice sounding weak.

"Yes. Why?" I ask but all I hear is a sigh.

"Nothing. We'll be there soon," he says and I open my eyes again, feeling confused as hell.

Buttertooth looks at me expectantly and I smile, knowing that she just really wants to see Puffer. Maybe I should try talking to Zed. He's been keeping a safe distance since yesterday and truth be told, I really do miss him a lot. Buttertooth snaps her fingers at me and I immediately realize that I spaced out.

"They will be here soon don't worry."