busy

##; | august 19th,, 2021.

sunny had spent the previous few hours at her bedroom desk

sunny had spent the previous few hours at her bedroom desk. the only thing illuminating her dark room was the laptop screen in front of her, where her eyes were utterly fixated.

it was too late to go to the company's studio, that was the only reason she was working on her laptop while hidden away in her room. after practice that day, the group left the office building, giving her no time to work on her songs.

she has heard numerous times to make sure she gets some rest tonight and to avoid working until too late. however, when we she came even remotely close to retiring to her bed for the evening, fresh melodies and lyrics would come to her.

she had to document everything.

sunny made the effort to keep quiet and wore headphones after a certain time to prevent waking up her members in the rooms next door. she even made an effort to type slowly in order to cancel out the sound of her fingers hitting the keyboard.

sunny's small room had an echo by a knock at her partially open door. the girl ignored the knock on the door because she was engrossed in her with both headphones on.

seungcheol gently opened the bedroom door and called out, "sunny."

the leader gave a head shake and raised his hand to rub his temple. to say that he was irritated at being ignored would be an understatement; he was beyond that. he made an effort to remain composed as he entered her room.

he gave her a tap on the shoulder and watched as she pulled the white wire that was attached to the headphones out of her ears. she quickly turned around to see her leader firmly standing behind her chair.

"yeah?" sunny questioned, "you seem upset."

"i know you enjoy working, but do we have to work this late?" asked seungcheol as he crossed his arms over his chest.

sunny put her headphones on top of her keyboard and looked at her computer screen. she shrugged, turned back to him, and locked her eyes with his.

"i was worried that i would forget every idea that came to me."

when they heard a door open down the hall, they both stopped talking and turned to face the hallway. they both saw mingyu brushing his unruly black hair as he walked past the girl's room.

seungcheol attempted to refocus sunny's attention after forgetting about the boy. he moved past her chair and positioned himself next to her desk, leaning against it. sunny turned to reposition herself in her chair after observing his movement.

"you must be quiet, sunny. i can hear you tapping away at this keyboard," he said, gesturing toward her laptop, "i'm surprised you haven't awakened anyone else."

in response, she raised both of her hands and said, "okay, you got me there."

"you aren't supposed to be awake at this time. tomorrow morning is practice, so you know we get up early."

sunny sighed, lowered her hands from the air, and then removed her headphones from the keyboard before closing her laptop.

she agreed, saying, "fine, fine, i'll go to sleep."

seungcheol stood up from the desk and observed sunny's transfer from the desk chair to her bed.

"thank you," he said as he left her room and shut the door behind him, "sleep well."

even though he closed the door and called it a night, he wasn't the easiest man to deceive. seungcheol waited outside her room for the information he needed.

after a brief period of lying in bed, sunny slowly lifted the white comforter from her body. she sat up, kicked her legs off the edge of her bed, waited a moment, then put her feet on the floor and stood up.

a cream from her floor revealed her intentions as she tried to tiptoe back to her desk. seungcheol knocked on her door from the opposite side.

"get some rest!"

she yelled back, "fine!"

she quickly climbed back into her messy bed after turning around. in a fit of rage, she threw her comforter over her body and shifted to find a comfortable position. she hit her pillows with her hand to get the proper fluff.

she let out a huff.

she conceded defeat for the evening and finally shut her eyes in an effort to rest up for tomorrow's practice.