no more

##; | feb 18th,, 2019.

sunny awoke with an unusual sense of calmness

she got out of bed earlier than usual and didn't bother changing out of her pajamas before leaving her room. in her eyes, everything had a bland tint and the silence was both peaceful and frustrating.

everything was going to change soon.

her day had turned gloomy by midday. however, she was still experiencing an unusual sense of calmness. the conversations around her were muted out and she tapped into her daydreaming, continually thinking about the last words minghao uttered to her.

her mental health was quickly declining and she was doing everything she could to resist the downward spiral. she knew she had a huge decision to make and she needed to make it today.

"mingyu," sunny said, knocking on the open bedroom door, "can we talk?"

the boy turned to face her and turned off his phone, setting it beside him in his bed.

"of course." he said as he welcomed her in.

sunny approached him, sitting on the edge of his bed. after giving him a mournful look, she gather her thoughts and sighed.

"so i had a lot of time to think about a lot of the problems i've been dealing with recently. you know how much i've needed my alone time." she said, pointing to him.

mingyu nodded; he was the first to realize how much time she needed alone when she began to feel her mental troubles weighing her down. he never needed to be told when she was struggling since he could tell right away.

"i believe we should break up since i've taken time to be alone," sunny said hesitantly and with a trembling voice, "this relationship was amazing and i think i need to work on myself and address my problems before i have any kind of partner."

when sunny was able to get every word out, she felt a weight lift off her shoulders. mingyu was crushed by her confession because he had pursued her for months just to spend less than two months with her. he didn't want to stop her if that was what she needed to be happy.

"that's fine," mingyu told her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, "i didn't want us to end this quickly, but if this is what you need to be happier with yourself, i'll let you go."

she wiggled away from his contact, uneasy with physical affection. she noticed his sad eyes and how distressing it was for her to be away from his affection. before leaving his room, she rose from his bed and turned to face him.

"i hope this doesn't change our friendship."

"nothing will change, i assure you. i'm still available whenever you need me."