let's try again

##; | feb 20th,, 2019.

knock, knock, knock.

the sound of repeated knocks on her studio door surprised her and cause her to yank her headphones out of her ears. she put them on her desk and went to answer the door for whoever was knocking.

"hello," she said to the tall boy, taking a step to the side and letting him in.

"hey," minghao said as he sat in the same seat where he confessed to her, "what are you working on?"

sunny shut the door and turned to face the computer screens he was staring at. many papers, as usual, filled her black desk, making it impossible for her to focus on just one thing at a time.

"uh. . . just working on some songs i never got around to finishing years ago," she replied, returning to her computer chair.

she drew herself in closer to the desk, pushing papers away and slid her keyboard in front of her. she kept working as she waited for him to speak again.

"i heard what happened between you and mingyu and i just wanted to apologize." he expressed his regret.

"don't." sunny said flatly.

minghao was surprised, "don't? what exactly do you mean?"

she kept typing swiftly on her keyboard, her gaze fixed on the computer screen.

"you don't need to apologize since it wasn't your fault," she added, "i just need to focus on myself and needed to make that decision yesterday, it had nothing to do with you."

"so. . . it was a little bit my fault?"

"sure, if that's what you took from what i told you," sunny sighed, her eyes and hands now on the papers.

her decisions were always centered on what allow her to live a calm life. nothing should be interferi by with her professional life, and if it did, it always screwed with her head as well. she didn't want him to think that his words had influenced her decision to end her relationship with mingyu.

"do you accept my apology?"

"yeah."

minghao grinned at her response, glancing behind her head as she never turned to face him. for the next three hours, he sat in the same seat and made small talk with her. she was at ease with him again, joyful on the inside, but she wasn't going to tell him.

she told him what she was doing to add to her music, which she had started years before, and how many songs she had finished in the last several days.

minghao still wanted to bring up his confession incident to cleanse his head. he didn't want to ruin the work he had just done. he took the daring step once there was silence in the room.

"could we talk about my confession from the other day?"

sunny finally turned back to face the boy, "let's just leave it at that. we don't have to discuss it. it happened and it's over; i want to carry on as we have for the past several hours."

minghao nodded, knowing it was the only response he was going to get. he realized that if she was prepared to forget the event, he wouldn't have to clear it up or feel uncomfortable about it.

"let's pretend that didn't happen," sunny suggested, "and just try again, okay?"

as they stared at each other in awakened silence, the boy agreed. when a smile appeared in sunny's face, minghao knew everything was going to be okay.