the heart broken

##; | july 30th,, 2019.

sunny was enjoying the night sky

sunny was enjoying the night sky. she has always enjoyed looking up at the sky since she was a child, as she did late at night with her mother.

the rooftop of the building where she and her friends were living was open to the residents. when she felt she couldn't stay in her room alone at night, sunny would flee to the rooftop. that's where she's at at the moment. 

"what time is it?" sunny asked herself as she took her phone from her pocket.

she looked at her phone to see what time it was. it was barely past midnight and she had no idea how long she had been out there.

"it's already midnight?" she mumbled some more.

she rose to her feet and made her way over to the railings. she leaned against the black railing, admiring the lights from the city's buildings. being able to connect with the night was genuinely wonderful to her and it was what kept her peaceful.

as her gaze roamed across the city, she sighed. the mental state she'd been in for the past three weeks was on she wouldn't wish on her worst enemy. she wondered at times how she was able to deal with these mental challenges in the way she did.

she began humming seventeen songs. the first song that sprang to her was one that her little sister had been singing a lot, so it was stuck in her head.

the entrance to the rooftop squeaked gently open. sunny didn't bother turning her head to see who was approaching her. she knew the other person on the roof when she heard his voice.

"sunny?"

she moved to put her head on her hand propped up on the railing, ignoring the call of her name. the individual stood beside her and looked over at her, noticing that she was preoccupied with something else.

"i know you're unhappy," they said as they placed their hand on her back, "but we're here to support you."

"i don't really need any help," sunny stated, "i have things under control."

"i'm sure you do and we're sure you do. we don't mean to take on your issues; we just want you to know that we're here if you feel like you can't handle it anymore."

sunny remained silent in answer. they didn't say anything for the next five minutes, instead admiring the lights.

"it's fine to admit that you need help. you don't have to always claim you're fine." the voice clarified.

"i'm not okay," sunny muttered under her breath.

sunny slid away from the person's touch, and they recognized her awkward stance and pulled their hand away from her body. she was beginning to feel uneasy because of the environment that this individual produced around her when they joined.

she couldn't get the feeling out of her head and just wanted them to leave her alone on the rooftop. she stepped away from them and returned to her seat before checking the time.

sunny reached down and took her phone, which she had left behind.

"i'm going to head back to the dorms," sunny said, "and i'll see you there."

she returned to the building taking the stairs back to her dorm room.

she heard footsteps behind her as she opened the door and understood that the member who had joined her upstairs was on their way back to the dorms.

sunny let the door close and dashed over to her room before the member entered the dorms again to stop and talk to her. when she went in her room, she closed the door and sighed.

"not right now, i can't."