this is new

##; | jan 1st,, 2019.

sunny was on her phone in the corner of her room, against the white wall

sunny was on her phone in the corner of her room, against the white wall. she was communicating with her aunt, who was looking after her sister for the next few months.

her mind has completely pushed that kiss to the back of her mind. she was unconcerned and didn't show it because she had far more important things to worry about.

sunny waited for a response and placed her phone on the stylist counter. she watched the screen fade to black as she untied her tangled in-ear wires.

her gaze was fixed on the black screen of her phone, hoping for a message to appear soon. while she was looking at the phone, she noticed shoes on the floor in her peripheral vision.

sunny raised her head, making eye contact with the boy who had kissed her on the cheek to celebrate the new year. she didn't greet him, instead focusing on her in-ears.

"are you okay?" mingyu asked, "you've been standing over here alone since we got here."

her fingers straightened her shirt, "i'm good. i'm hoping to hear from my aunt soon."

sunny looked around the waiting room, only seeing her and mingyu. she took her phone and walked around the boy to leave the room.

mingyu turned around and followed the girl around like a puppy. she didn't notice until she came to a halt in front of the bendy machine down the venue hall.

"is it bad that i kissed you yesterday? it seems that you are avoiding me."

sunny's hands came to her chest as she caught her breath when she heard the boy's voice.

"i don't mind," she said as she continued to buy a snack from the vending machine.

when the snack fell to the bottom, mingyu's eyes followed her. she stood up and looked at him, and he stared back until she drew him back into reality.

"are you all right?" she asked him, emphasizing the word "you" as she asked him again.

"i just had a question for you."

sunny walked around him once more, saying, "i'm listening," as she walked away.

for the first few seconds, he followed her silently. when they arrived at their group's waiting, he began to ask his question.

"could we try this?" he asked, motioning his hands between himself and her.

she looked down at his moving hands and then up at his face.

"sure, let's see where this goes." she smiled in response to him.

he returned her smile and watched as she walked into the waiting room. she shut the door behind her and returned to the corner where she had been standing earlier.

her hands took her phone from her pocket and answer the phone call.

"auntie, you won't believe what happened. i'm at a loss for what to do."