new years'

##; | dec 31st,, 2018.

sunny was at ease as she sat alone in her private studio

sunny was at ease as she sat alone in her private studio. she was wearing headphones and was completely focused on making music. papers were strewn across the large desk she sat at and her hands moved quickly across the keyboard.

after knocking several times and receiving no response, hoshi burst through the studio door. he came to a halt when he noticed the girl didn't even turn around when he barged in.

he sighed, not sure what he was supposed to do to get her attention. hoshi's legs dragged him to the girl's desk, where he placed his hand on her desk. she caught sight of the boy's hand out of the corner of her eye and turned to face him.

she paused the music in her ear and removed the headphones, placing them on top of the desk.

"what's up?" sunny asked, arranging the papers on her desk.

"we need to do the new years' live." hoshi reminded.

"all right, i'll come." she stood and followed the boy out of the room, locking the door behind her.

they walked into the practice room together. sunny noticed how the other members were already sitting in a circle on the floor of the room, starting the night and rushing the two over.

as she approached, a space was created for her to squeeze into the circle. she became a member of the group between mingyu and woozi.

sunny reached out in front of her to take some of the snacks that the others had placed in the center of the circle. she twisted open the cap to the grape juice she drew from the center.

the countdown began and she had no desire to join the others in counting. she was looking forward to the new year and would much rather watch her members celebrate.

"10... 9... 8... 7..."

her gaze fell on each and every member as they counted with energy and stared at the clock with wide eyes like children waiting for candy.

"6... 5... 4... 3..."

she would spend the night with her sister on new year's eve every year. her younger sister, however, was not present because she was celebrating with their aunt in shanghai, china.

her gaze was drawn to the vlive screen and she felt as if someone was staring at her. she, on the other hand, was not going to acknowledge them.

"2..."

she succumbed to the urge and turned to the side. she was now panicked.

"1..."

the final number was called and the new year had begun. she was taken aback when she felt a kiss on her cheek.

she stood up with everyone else, hoping that no one would notice she was standing out of embarrassment. she bent down and grabbed her grape juice before saying her goodbyes to the fans and exiting the room.

sunny ran back to her studio, quickly unlocking it and sneaking inside before anyone noticed. she sighed deeply as her body relaxed in her chair.

"what the hell."

she muttered to herself as she reached for the headphones she had left on the desk earlier.

the music started up again and she was back in her own reality. every now and then, the scene from the practice room would play back in her mind.

she would shake her head and whisper to herself every time the replay occurred.

"no way."