my love

##; | jan 30th,, 2021.

minghao appeared aloof to the majority of people, particularly seventeen's fans

minghao appeared aloof to the majority of people, particularly seventeen's fans. he never displayed his affectionate side in public.

he let sunny touch him in public. only sunny and he didn't entertain the other members when they were playing with him. sunny would be the only one allowed to hold his arm, rest her head on his shoulder, and so on.

in private, he was considerably more affectionate, especially toward sunny. he clung to her while she sat next to him, laid his hands on her shoulders while she worked, and held her close when she couldn't sleep.

he would knock on the members' bedroom doors in the mornings to wake them up and get their day started. when he arrived at sunny's door, he was greeted by his girlfriend, who answered when he knocked.

"good morning." minghao remarked, laughing quietly at sunny's messy hair.

this would be his opportunity to sleep in when everyone else was waking up; he would hide away in sunny's room and lie with her in bed. most day, he'd go off to sleep, but on others, he'd lie up with her, watching her scan through her phone to start the day.

she would never confess how much she enjoyed spending her mornings with her boyfriend, being as nonchalant as she is.

"do you know what's insane?" a voice came through the phone speakers.

she scrolled past a few fan videos before coming across this one. she came to a halt and began watching the video, holding her phone above her head as she positioned herself to rest on her back.

"love isn't real," the person leaned near the camera and muttered, like if sharing a secret, "it doesn't exist."

the person in the video was sunny, but she realized how bad she contradicted herself. now, she enjoys discussing her relationship to her closest friends, telling them that this time is different and that love will come when the time is right.

sunny's face lit up with a grin as she scrolled through the videos. oh, how the sunny in the video had no idea how love would soon bless her. she looked over at minghao, who had fallen asleep alongside her, wrapped in her white comfortable blankets.

the minutes ticked by slowly. it was eleven in the morning and they had both been lounging around her room since seven. they were simply enjoying each other's company and making the most of their alone time.

sunny was constantly reminded of how long the two had been together as they spent their mornings with each other.

it's been a year and a few months now.

she couldn't help but secretly congratulate herself on achieving such a big goal, the goal of remaining. each time she saw someone leave her her life with no turn back, her idea of love become more polluted and dirty.

sunny learned to leave before she was left, which kept her calm because she never had to deal with someone else leaving if she did first.

minghao taught her to be patient. during any arguments or silent treatments, he allowed her to express her concerns and helped her comprehend those feelings. he reassured her and gave her space when she needed it.

every time she glanced at minghao, she was reminded of how much she had grown and how she was now beginning to comprehend her own emotions.

those feelings of betrayal and hurt were beginning to give way to feelings of hope.