jealousy

##; | jan 18th,, 2019.

the popular fourteen-member group performed on a regular basis

the popular fourteen-member group performed on a regular basis. the entire group sat in their waiting room, watching the other idols complete their performances.

sunny rose from the couch she shared with seungkwan and made her way to the waiting room door. she walked out of the room and down the hall to the vending machine, where she planned to get a drink.

the idol group on stage was now making their way down the stages's side steps, leaving the audience behind. their performance was over and they were heading to their own waiting room.

sunny was standing in front of the vending machine in the dark, as the group's youngest member noticed.

"sunny!" he exclaimed as he approached the girl.

sunny turned around when she realized who was calling for her. she waved to the boy with her free hand, the other hand holding money.

"hello." she said to him.

the boy leaned up against the machine, his arms crossed, as he often did. he looked the girl over and over, which she didn't notice because she was too busy selecting the drink she wanted.

"so," he coughed to get her attention, "i heard you're dating one of your members now."

sunny glared at him, having had her fill of personal questions, "um, yeah. i am."

sunny pressed the button and selected a water bottle. she knelt, grabbed the drink, and stood up. as the girl walked away from him, the boy began to follow her.

"when did that begin?" he asked from behind her.

she set her water bottle on the table across from the machine she purchased from, "eight days ago."

her hand opened the water bottle and she took a sip. she looked over and noticed he was watching her drink her water.

"let's talk about you," sunny said as she set her bottle on the table, "do you have a girlfriend now, what about that one girl you were talking to me about the other night."

the boy laughed when she asked him that question, "no girlfriend as of yet. i haven't spoken to her in a few days, but i've gotten some new tattoos."

he flaunted his hands and arms in front of the girl. sunny examined them and informed him that they were nice.

"back to dating, let me know if mingyu ever irritates you and i'll be there quickly." he informed her.

"i don't think that will need to happen," sunny joked, "i can deal with it myself."

in defense, he raised his hands in the air, "just a thought. you told me about your past and i don't want you to go through that again."

"thank you," sunny said as she grabbed the bottle from the table.

sunny peered over the boy's shoulder and saw her group members exiting the waiting room. she kept talking to the boy because she still had a few minutes before she had to prepare for her performance.

her gaze was drawn to the corner of the hall closest to the stage steps. her boyfriend was staring at her with his arms crossed, just like the boy in front of her. mingyu urged her over, waving her towards him.

sunny raised her palm in the air and silently asked him to wait. the boy with whom she was talking noticed and looked behind him, making eye contact with mingyu.

"he looks mad, is he okay?" the boy asked, returning his gaze to the girl.

"he's fine," sunny nodded, "he just wants me to go over there with him."

"do you need me to talk to him?" he asked jokingly.

"no, no! i'll go over there and start preparing for my performance; see you later?"

"yeah, call me later," the boy said, pulling his phone from his pocket and shaking it in front of him.

sunny agreed to the plan and proceeded to approach her boyfriend, walking past him. she was attempting to convey to her partner her annoyance with his actions.

"you don't trust me anymore?" sunny asked, taking another sip of her water as she walked.

she heard her boyfriend's footsteps close behind her, knowing he was about to answer her questions. she kept her eyes forward as she walked into the waiting room, past her other members.

she began to place her no longer needed possessions in her practice bag on the couch.

"i trust you." she said to defend himself.

sunny came to a halt, her hands still on her bag, and looked up at the boy. as her eyes locked on him, he huffed.

"you've watched me talk to every man i'm friends with this week," she stood up straight, "telling me to stop talking and come over to you."

"but that doesn't mean i don't trust you."

sunny averted her gaze from him and resumed her actions of stuffing things into her bag.

"ok, just don't look mad at me while you're watching me talk to my friends," sunny said, "he's also your friend, don't forget that."

"i don't look mad when i'm watching." he shook his head.

sunny aggressively zipped her bag and tossed it on the couch. she walked past him and towards the waiting room door.

"you shouldn't be watching me talk to my male friends, mingyu. you never go that when i'm talking to my female friends." sunny said as she grabbed the knob, "and you do look mad, all of my friends turn to see you and ask if you're upset with me."

she opened and shut the door a little too loudly, letting everyone know she was angry.

it wasn't that mingyu didn't trust sunny; he was simply jealous that other people desired sunny in the same way he did.