2020

##; | dec 31st,, 2019.

sunny was happiest after spending the last few minutes of 2019 and entering the new year of 2020 with her boyfriend and younger sister

seventeen was currently on tour and had been sleeping in a hotel for many days. gia, the seven-year-old, joined the group for their tour this year as a special gift to spice up her childhood. minghao, sunny, and gia were all in the same room.

"hurry, gia!" sunny motioned her sister to the opposite side of the room.

gia raced into the girl's arms, away from minghao, who was chasing the small girl around the crammed room.

gia decided to take a chance and climb onto the bed they were hiding beside seconds later. minghao grasped her in his arms as she rose up on the white covers and hurried to the opposite side of the bed. he placed his arms around her and lifted her off the bed, and she laughed.

"you let him catch you!" sunny joked.

sunny rose from the floor, leaning on the bed for support. she stood there watching as minghao gently placed the laughing girl onto the floor to run about again. sunny let her rid her energy and grabbed the remote to switch on the times square livestream.

"do you realize what we are missing?" gia asked, tugging on her sister's loose shirt.

"what are we missing?" sunny asked, setting the remote on the bed.

"we always have that one sparkly drink!"

sunny looked up and to the right, trying to recall the drink gia said. she eventually sighed as an image of the bottle flashed across her mind.

"oh! i believe we can skip the drink tonight. should we buy some for tomorrow?" she asked, fixing the young girl's tangled hair.

gia hastily nodded her head, followed by a tiny laugh. she leapt up and down in delight when sunny promised to get some of the sparkly drink for her the next day. midnight was approaching and sunny knew gia needed no more sweets or she'd be awake all night.

"does she usually get like this when she gets to stay up late?" minghao joined sunny in front of the bed, leaning to whisper in her ear.

sunny gazed at the tall boy, observing how he was smiling as he watched gia jump around, "she becomes hyper and then crashes; i'm surprised she made it this long. she should be out soon."

as she finished her words, he nodded. his gaze followed the small girl practically everywhere throughout the room; he never pulled his gaze away from her for fear of her injuring herself.

"gia, please be careful." minghao spoke sternly as he saw her bounce between the room's two beds.

he became concerned and expressed his concerns to his girlfriend standing behind him. sunny assured him that gia would be okay because the space between the mattresses was smaller than gia standing up. if she was harmed, they would both come to her aid and it would be a learning experience for all of them.

"i realize it's not that wide, but i don't want her to injure herself."

sunny nodded and patted the boy in the back. she understood his concern about her doing such things and she didn't want him to stress himself out.

"ok, gia, i think it's time we start to relax and prepare for the performances coming on." sunny suggested.

gia agreed and jumped from the right bed to the left one. she plopped and bounced a little before creeping over to the edge and resting down on her stomach. she leaned back on her hands and looked over at the screen, which showed thousands of people in time square.

sunny crossed the room to the right and sat on the chair at the small table in the corner. minghao joined her and sat across from her.

sunny whispered to the boy, "she should be out in about ten minutes," pointing across to her sister who was bouncing her legs back and forth in the air.

minghao set his phone on the table and rested his hands in his lap. sunny raised an eyebrow at him, observing that he had yawned for the second time in a few minutes.

"you don't have to stay up with us since i know it's late and you're tired." sunny said.

"no, no, i want to stay up with you guys," minghao said, shaking his head.

sunny gave him a bright smile, appreciating his words and gestures. she wasn't used to her previous partners wanting to spend time with her or even show her that they were aware of her existence.

but minghao, he knew he would always promise her to do what he preached.