we were waiting for this!

##; | aug 4th,, 2019.

"hey, minghao, may i speak to you quickly?" sunny asked, peering into the practice room and waving him in

sunny left the practice room an hour ago to collect herself and her thoughts, and she planned to return to speak with minghao when she felt she was ready. she needed to get things off her chest and she needed the feeling of a fresh start right away.

the rest of the team was taking a break from practice. some stood there watching her call minghao over, while others were scattered throughout the company building.

"yeah, what's wrong?" minghao asked, closing the door and exiting into the hall.

she didn't know how to start talking to him, so her words were timid and there was silence. all she wanted was for this to end the way she wanted it to.

"so. . . do you remember the other night when we were in the rooftop?" sunny asked.

minghao nodded in response to her question.

"and do you remember how i left when you came up to join me?"

she looked up at minghao, who nodded again and swallowed dryly. she stroked her black hair, trying to adjust it.

"well, it's just that," sunny said, shaking her hands in front of her, "i just wanted to tell you. . ."

her remarks came to an abrupt halt and she had no idea how to continue. instead of thinking about it, she spoke it as calmly as she could. despite her efforts to remind calm, her words spilled out swiftly.

"i hate to repeat your confession, but i wanted you to know that i like you. everything has been moving so quickly that i believe my life will never allow me to slow down and focus on myself. you've taught me so much about myself and i think i'll need you around a lot more. i've just discovered how much i like you."

he was mentally jumping for joy at the girl's confession. she liked him, and he liked her, but what should he do now?

sunny shook her hands in front of her face, terrified, "this was the wrong time, wasn't it? i'm sorry, i didn't meant to burden you with this right now."

as she began to yell and apologize, she was interrupted by his lips on her own. sunny stood frozen in amazement from the kiss as they drew away from each other.

"i was waiting for this, you have no idea." minghao stated.

"believe me, we were ALL waiting for this to happen, now can we get back to practice?"

the two jumped away from each other and turned to face whoever was speaking to them from a distance. they noticed jeonghan smirking as he walked inside the practice room.

none of the other members were aware of her confession or their kiss until jeonghan informed them later at the dorms. he'd describe their kiss and how she was almost rapping her confession in front of him.

it was true, except for mingyu, that the members had been anticipating this moment for months.

her other members didn't feel sunny and mingyu were meant to be together because they had previously rooted for sunny and minghao. their friendship was incredible and they were pilar opposites who balanced each other out, which is why their members wanted them together.

when mingyu found out later, he was not pleased. he was waiting for her to return and be with him again, but he refused to accept her words when she told him it was time for her to move on after they split. he was aware that sunny wasn't reaching her full potential with him, but he didn't want her with anyone else.

"what do we become as a result of this?" minghao asked quietly to sunny.

"i don't know," sunny shrugged.