vain argument

##; | june 8th,, 2017.

the sounds of whispers and people dragging their feet across the hardwood floor outside sunny' bedroom woke her up

she shifted in her bed, kicking the black blanket to a more comfortable position, and placed one of her many soft black pillows over her head. she groaned in annoyance as the sound became louder.

she was about to fall back asleep after drowning out her members when she was startled awake by a knock at her door. her hand grabbed the pillow and tossed it to the side, her legs kicked the blanket off the bed, and she was up after.

sunny quickly turned the knob on her door, opened it, and stood still, making eye contact with the very tall boy in front of her.

she was upset and her eyes were like darts. the constant noise never stopped and even though she was sometimes the source of it, she could never say she fully appreciated the noise.

mingyu didn't say anything, instead keeping things moving. when he noticed her eyes, he turned and walked down the hallway towards the other members. sunny took a deep breath, exhaled it, and followed sunny down the short hall.

sunny approached the kitchen silently, where only seungkwan sat. she opened the fridge, took the milk, and set it in the counter.

"you know, you don't have to scare people when they knock on your door?"

as she responded, the girl reached into the cabinet for a bowl and brought it to the counter.

"i didn't scare anyone."

"mingyu," seungkwan said, pointing to the boy across the room with his spoon.

sunny gave mingyu a glance, followed by a second look before pouring cereal into her bowl. she shrugged and quickly moved on to the milk.

"i didn't mean to scare; i was irritated by the noise and then the sudden knock. i only wanted to sleep."

after breakfast, the group quickly got ready to begin their regular schedule for the day. they had a practice session to attend and the sooner they arrived at the studio, the sooner they would leave.

sunny would be added to the choreography of one or two older seventeen songs and the members would assist her in learning them in a timely manner.

that was primarily the responsibility of the performance unit. sunny gave the four a quick glance out of the corner of her eye, implying that she was nervous without revealing it.

as the practice began, everyone was patient with their new member, as it was customary. however, one member became increasingly frustrated with the slow learner as time passed.

she stumbled over a particular dance move several times. she overheard someone behind her let out a deep sigh as she attempted and failed the move for the fourth time.