seasonal

##; | february 7th,, 2021.
tw; depression.

seasonal depression

seasonal depression. . .

sunny's worst nightmare and greatest enemy.

sunny was first diagnosed with seasonal effective disorder, also known as "seasonal depression," in late 2013, only a few days short of her fourteenth birthday.

her mother died in january of 2013. when her mother passed, sunny made the difficult decision to relocate to south korea, her mother's home country, to live with a family friend who offered to house her.

this dark depression had finally caught up with her after she had hid and ran from dealing with any emotions from her mother's passing after only a few months of living in the new country.

the realization of what she had lost and how she had been coping was enough to knock her out her the rest of her time in south korea.

The person who raised her, inspired her, and always supported her was ripped away from her with no goodbye or even one last hug.

sunny's seasonal depression was visible from the end of the dreary month of january, through the clean days of february, and finally coming to a close at the end of march.

members describe her as "not being herself," "losing interest in her passions," and "being a little more aggressive than usual," at this time.

she had no desire to even raise her head from her pillows.

making music and sitting in her studio alone at all hours of the night was no longer something she looked forward to when these months arrived. despite her love of music, she had no energy to even touch the keyboard on her studio desk.

she remained in the sad comfort of her bedroom, occasionally locking the door to be alone. most of the time, the only person allowed in was her boyfriend, minghao.

sunny made certain that her black-out window curtains remained closed during this time. she always liked sitting by the window, especially when working on songs late at night, but the gloomy and rainy weather didn't help her sadness.

she was miserable and angry at herself.

some days of these months were more bearable than others, while others were far worse than she could have imagined, and the majority of days were monotonous.

"what did i say about that?" minghao quickly noticed his girlfriend's movements, wrapping his hand around her wrist and pulling it down towards her lap.