debut

##; | may 22nd,, 2017.

sunny had never imagined herself in such a public position

sunny had never imagined herself in such a public position. her dream was to just be a songwriter and producer, but she couldn't say no when this organization offered her just that, plus the added title of idol

she was kicked out of cube entertainment and transferred to pledis for "inability to train effectively," despite years of hard work. they had been attempting to get rid of her for months due to her confidence in standing up against the company rules, but when they spotted her lack in dance practice, they filed her out of cube.

she was overwhelmed with the confusing news that she would be the newest member of boy band, seventeen, only a few weeks after being awarded her ideal position in her new company. she joined the big group during their comeback a few months later, during don't wanna cry.

her interactions with the boys were confusing to say the least. her viewpoints were formed based on the various units.

she was confident in the hip-hop unit because rap was her strong suit. she was quite welcomed by the vocal unit. she was terrified of the performance unit because she lacked in dance, she wasn't looking for a job that required it.

the announcement of the team's newest member was made to the fans almost immediately. sunny became aware that her fans began congratulating her across all social media platforms. she also saw that news organizations, such as dispatch, delved into her personal life.

this wasn't her first encounter with dispatch though. . . they are quite familiar with each other.

don't wanna cry was sunny's debut song. she was generally situated in the back of the choreography and had her own center part during her sole line throughout the song.

sunny was fighting to keep balance in her life, despite the fact that she would be eternally grateful for every opportunity she had in life. she had been battling mental health issues and was now settling into her new life with seventeen.

she remained still and straight-faced behind the scenes and backstage. she didn't warm up since, as a rapper, she knew she didn't have to do much.

at first appearance, some could describe her as stuck up and cocky. she wasn't any of that.

her straight-faced appearance is common, but she makes the most of it on stage. to put on a memorable performance, you need stage presence and her bold, scary presence was exactly what she needed as the rapper she was.

sunny is also very confident in her rap abilities, having placed high on several rap competition shows and practices. she knows what she is capable of.

and maybe that's a little cocky, but she is a stellar performer who puts on a performance to remember.

"sun!" yelled a voice from behind her.

she shifted her gaze to look behind her. when she noticed a tall boy approaching, she twisted slowly on the heels of her shoes to face him.

his steps slowed as he examined the group's youngest member. she was standing tall with her head held high.

"you seem to be very confident," seungcheol said, "are you nervous?"

"of course, but who needs to know."

sunny is big on privacy, not secrecy, as the group would eventually discover.

she wasn't hiding her nervousness, but she didn't have to tell anyone. who needs to know and what are they going to do with that information? her main argument was that if people knew, they could use it against her.

he continued to give her supportive words and convince her that the performance will be fantastic, just as the leader intended when he approached her.

this is exactly what happened.

the fans erupted in applause for her and made her feel as though she had been a part of the group since the beginning. sunny's gaze wandered the full length of the stage; the lights were bright and the large number of people watching interested her.

after the show, backstage was even more busy than being on stage. the several hands reaching for hand held fans and water to cool them down perplexed her. despite the fact that she didn't say anything because the first thing she did was take a bottle of water.

her gaze was fixed on the small screen that displayed the group's performance. she wasn't paying attention to the screen, however. sunny's gaze was fixed on the screen, but her thoughts were elsewhere.

she was daydreaming until she felt a hand lightly pat her shoulder and was pulled away from the screen.

"you did a good job." woozi said quietly to the girl.

she nodded, unsure what to say. she was pleased with how she performed on stage for her debut. sunny had the ability to give it her all, which she did.

she could finally enjoy her passion.