new hair

##; | dec 5th,, 2018.

the members of the fourteen-member group were open to new hairstyles and colors for their newest comeback, titled 'getting closer

the members of the fourteen-member group were open to new hairstyles and colors for their newest comeback, titled 'getting closer.'

the return was darkly themed. the group was given a darker palette to choose from and, as a result, their hairstyles would be more visible. the outfits would be simple and something would need to be the focal point of attention.

sunny didn't want anything done to her hair and she was strongly opposed to anyone else touching her silky locks. heat was out, dye was out, and so on.

she was, however, sitting in a salon chair with foil and chemicals wrapped around her black hair. she was persuaded, or as she would put it, "forced," to make a change.

"again, what are we doing to my hair?"

"a perm, sweetheart."

a perm, curls that would last for months until they grew out naturally. she let out a sigh and returned to her phone for the next few hours until she was finished.

for the last eighteen years of her life, she had been accustomed to her straight, soft, black hair. what could she possibly do if this didn't work out?

when the stylist was finished, she tapped the younger one on the shoulder and pushed the girl's hair over her shoulders. in a good way, sunny was at a loss for words.

"do you like it?" the stylist inquired, a little hesitantly.

"i do," sunny said, "it'll take some getting used to, but it's nice!"

the stylist excitedly clapped her hands. she assisted sunny in getting out of the seat and walked with the younger one to the waiting area where the group's manager was waiting.

sunny was directed to the room where the other members were waiting by the manager.

"while you're there, send hoshi in here."

sunny gave the manager a thumbs up and proceeded to the others. she began to slowly open the door, peering in to see her members' eyes on her already.

"look at you! how pretty!" jeonghan was the first to speak.

"thank you," she said as she shut the door behind her.

as she approached the group, their hands were already reaching for her new hairstyle. she swatted their hands away, letting them know she didn't want their hands in her personal bubble.

"oh, hoshi, the manager wants you in there," she spoke up, pointing to the door she had entered through.

her gaze followed the older boy as he jumped to his feet and pranced out of the room, full of energy.

mingyu complimented the girl, "it looks really nice, sunny."

"thank you very much."

vernon leaned in close to the girl and whispered to her.

"you should do your hair more frequently."

"yeah, no way, that took way too long," sunny scoffed as she looked at him, "i don't want to spend another minute in a salon chair."

vernon laughed at her outburst. her new hair was praised and quickly forgotten as the two joined the group's conversation.