sorry

##; | feb 11th,, 2019.

sunny spent two nights in suri's apartment because she didn't want to think about the confrontation she had to have at some point

she needs time to calm down and to be away from her roommates for a while.

sunny was startled awake by the sound of something smashing into the floor. she jumped up and ripped off her blankets, believing she had accidentally knocked something over in her sleep. she heard suri's voice in the distance as she stood up.

"oh no."

she looked around the living room and saw both suri and her daughter picking up toys in the corner. bri, suri's daughter, had dropped a plastic you as they were cleaning up.

suri saw the younger girl awoke finally about half and hour before twelve o'clock.

"good morning," suri said to the girl, "you slept in pretty late today, didn't you?"

sunny looked at her phone to see what time it was, realizing how late she had slept in. her eyes widened for a few seconds before she put her phone back down.

sunny shrugged, "i think i did."

"would you like something to eat?"

sunny raised her head, shaking it. she wasn't hungry, as she was never in the mornings. sunny rubbed her chin, straightened her hair, and followed the older girl to the kitchen.

"i think i'm going to go back to my dorms today." sunny spoke while sitting in the island stool with her elbows on the counter.

suri's daughter yelled, not wanting the visitor to leave yet. the older girls both giggled at the three year old unexpected scream.

"that's a great idea," suri said, nodding, "theyre definitely missing you, especially mingyu."

sunny sighed, "you're right."

"i know. i've been in this industry for fifteen years and have witnessed it all. every breakup, every backstage argument, everything."

sunny chuckled once again at her remarks. they both got dressed and decided to go for a walk after suri explained some of the stories she had heard. bri even joined them, being held in her mother's arms while looking around.

they started walking away from suri's apartment building in the left.

suri asked, "should we walk down to your dorms?"

"sure, i need to go there anyway," sunny shrugged.

they continued their walk by walking down the side walk. the walk to the building where seventeen lived took about twenty minutes. suri halted the girl alongside her and turned to face her as they approached the building.

"i want you to go inside and just go to your room," suri explained, "but let them know you're back and you don't have to start saying sorry as soon as you walk in, just give it time.

"what if they want to talk as soon as i go in my room?" sunny sighed.

suri shifted her daughter, who was sitting in her side. she brushed her hair aside and returned her gaze to sunny.

"if they want to talk, you should talk. let them know if you aren't ready," suri touched the girl's shoulder, "all will be fine, i promise."

suri pushed her forward, gently pushing her towards the building's front doors. sunny took a step forward, waving at suri and her daughter before stepping into the building.

sunny knocked on the door of seventeen's dorms. she left her keys in the bag at the music venue, which she assumed her members would grab on their way out.

when the door opened, seungkwan peeked out to see who was at their door. when he saw sunny, he opened the door wide and stood tall.

"welcome back, runaway," he jokingly said.

"hello." sunny said as she walked in past the boy. 

she continued to walk towards her room, as suri had instructed, and heard the door close with rushed footsteps approaching her.

"sunny, you know mingyu-" he was halted by sunny twisting around to face him, index finger on her lips.

she motioned him inside her room, closing the door behind them.

"what?"

"you are aware that mingyu is upset, correct? you haven't answered his calls or messages, but you have responded to seungcheol and jeonghan." he rushed through his explanation.

"i did that on purpose." sunny admits.

"why!"

"i'm uncomfortable with myself right now!"

seungkwan took a few steps back, "well, i think it's a good idea to at least talk to him and tell him why you're pushing him away."

"i'm not pushing him away," sunny glared at the boy.

"you are, you are doing exactly that, you just don't want to admit it. it's all right, just tell him."

with those comments, seungkwan exited the girl's room, leaving the door open to encourage sunny to leave her room.

his tiny strategy worked just as he had hoped. sunny walked down the hall to mingyu's shared room after leaving her room. she stood in the doorway, resting against the frame, and knocked on the open door to let it be known she was there.

"hey, i'm back." she said.

mingyu, who was relaxing on his bed and playing on his phone, sat up fast when he heard the girl's voice. he remained on his bed, but moved closer to the edge.

"look, i wasn't intending to ignore you," she lied, "i just got a bit frustrated with myself and exaggerated it out of proportion."

"i understand you were mad with yourself and i know you just need time when that happens," mingyu sighed, "but why ignore me and respond to them?"

her legs shifted beneath her, she remained in the same position, and she didn't want to approach the boy knowing it would make nothing better.

"suri told me to let them know where i was going to spend the night."

"you could have told me as well."

"i'm sorry, i know."

the two were then engulfed in awkward silence as they stared at each other. sunny apologized once again before turning away from the boy and returning to her room.