Chapter 37: Goblet Of Fire

Magsimula sa umpisa

Moody nodded. "Are you Frank and Alice's boy."

"Moody, thats enough." Remus said dangerously.

"Crucio!" Moody yelled causing the spider to curl up into itself.

"Stop it!" Hermione and I yelled in unison. I looked at Neville who looked beyond terrified.

"Pain. Dont need anything but that curse. Last one?"

"Killing Curse." Hermione answered.

Moody nodded. "The killing curse cant be deflected, but can be avoided. Only one person has ever survived it and hes sitting right in front of me."

"Alastor, thats enough now. Thank you for your invigorating lecture." Remus cut in. As 14 year olds we arent allowed to see such dark spells.

Moody mumbled in disapproval but left the room all the same.

Remus told us to read the rest of the chapter and to summarize it for homework.

"Harry, Emily and Neville, please stay after." Remus called.

I knew why Remus wished to speak with us. Each of us were exposed to one of the Unforgiveable Curses.

"Are you three ok?" Remus asked looking concerned at each of us.

I nodded at once then mumbled a feeble excuse.

"Im ok Professor." Harry replied.

"You two may go." Remus smiled slightly.

*

Overview

Remus Lupin knelt down and looked at Neville. "I didnt expect Alastor to show tje curses. Why dont you join me for tea later tonight? I have something you might like." Remus smiled

"Uh...ok."

"Does 6 sound ok?"

Neville nodded.

*

I became irritated by Rons amazement at Moodys demenstration.

"So cool! How that spider just obeyed everything" Ron stated.

"I kmow right?" Dean asked from behind.

"I didnt think it was that cool." Hermione huffed

"Thank you!" I replied.

"What is so wrong about seeing those curses?" Ron asked.

"Have it ever crossed your pea brain that maybe these curses were shown or put on students here?" I demanded.

"No- it hasnt." Ron faltered.

"As you know, Harry was subjected to one of the curse. Your best friend and you just talk like its the best show ever?" I scoffed before walking off.

"Hey, Emily!" A voice called.

I turned and smiled when I saw Harry coming up to me. "Hey!"

"I heard what you said to Ron, thanks." Harry kissed my cheek.

"No problem." I replied.

*

Classes continued on, and Remus surprisingly shared with us the secret to resolistibg the Imperius and Cruciatus Curses.

"This is important, if you want to resist these curses. The best defense you have is to escape into your mind. To do this, you need to mediate and relax. Then you will see a light. When the light is gone, open your eyes and you will be there. Any questions?" Remus asked

"Naturally there was a million.

Later that evening, we welcomed the visitors from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons Academy. Dumbledore ignited the Goblet of Fire.

"This Friday at 7, the Goblet will choose one champion from each school. Do not enter lightly, if you are chosen you must compete, or suffer the loss of your magic. Let the Triwizard Tournament, begin!" Dumbledore waved his wand and the golden goblets smoke turned blue.

Talk over the next week increased. We all watched as Angelina submitted her name. Fred and George tried, but were blown back.

The night came at long last. The picking of champions.

"Beubatons Acedmy is...Fleur Delecour! Durmstrang is...Viktor Krum and Hogwarts is....Cedric Diggorry!" The crowd cheered, but the goblet ignited again.

Dumbledore caught the parchment and said two names that made my heart sink. "Emily Lupin and Harry Potter."