❧❧❧

Anger rolled in his veins in waves, his muscles tightened. How dare they? He had blacklisted the company, and they still had the audacity to suggest it. He curled his hand again as he tightened his eyes shut. He had the urge to go and burn down that whole family and their company.

And then he felt a pull on his tie. He scowled and flashed open his eyes. The quiet woman next to him had moved over and was pulling on his tie.

"Miss Lubna, what the hell are you even doing?" He snapped at her. She wasn't even fazed by his anger. He tried to pry her hand away, but she pushed his hands away and went for the tie again and pulled it. He glanced at Junaid whose eyes looked like they were going to fall out of his sockets and he was two seconds away from slamming the car in shock. What was this woman up to?

"Junaid give me the tissue box and turn the car towards the hospital." He watched her with his mouth wide open, too frozen for words, what the hell was she doing? Her lips were pressed in a grim line as she pressed the tissues on his hand removing the excess blood.

"Miss Lai-"

"Shut up," She didn't even lookup. Her eyes were still trained on his wounds.

The strength had drained from him so he leaned back again watching her. Her voice was stern, yet she hadn't raised the tone of her voice. The woman could probably kill with her expressions, yet her tone would be so soft. He furrowed his eyebrows watching her. The dupatta had fallen from her head as she bent a little, focussing her eyes on his wound. Her light brown hair tied in a bun, minimal makeup with her eyes laden with kohl, She was such a plain Jane, yet she had an attitude of a Lion.

She cleaned the blood with tissue then took the tie. Slowly and carefully, she wrapped it around the wound, making sure it wasn't too tight. She rolled his suit jacket, bunching it, then took his hand and carefully rested it on the jacket.

"You ruined my tie and jacket." He glared at her as she finished it by tying a knot. "You could've just used this long useless fabric that's always trailing behind you." He picked up the end of her black dupatta, flailing it. She snatched it from his hand, fixing the fabric on her head.

"Don't touch it with your dirty hands!" She wrapped the ends of the fabric around her arm. "Why would I ruin my clothes?" She stared at him as if he was dumb. Wow. What a piece of art his assistant was.

"Junaid turned the car towards the office." He snapped turning away from her.

"Hospital, please." The prim and proper voice pissed him off more. She scooted away calmly.

"I said to the office." He raised his voice again, the anguish lacing his words.

"No." He could barely hear the satiny voice, but it held a lot more authority and command than his raised voice.

"And why not, Miss Lubna?" He leaned over, trying to cross his arms, but she clamped her hand on her wrist, reminding him any movement whatsoever would lead to more bleeding.

"Because you'll bleed all over the office and papers. And then I'll have to clean the stuff and redraft all the contracts. Nope, I'm going to be proactive and save myself from the hassle." She shrugged, crossing her own arms in defense. "And you are bleeding a lot, you can damage your nerves... even get amputated.. or die."