"We?" He raised his eyebrows at her, blinking as if she'd just spoken to him in Mandarin. She sighed, pressing her lips in a grim line.

"Yes, we." She replied crossing her arms across her chest. He took a few steps and stood right in front of her. The proximity had her spine steeled straight. She was 5'8" and even with two inches of heels, he towered a head over her. "The company belongs to you so your presence and signatures on the contact are needed. Otherwise the German company with pull back from the contract. The company will suffer a great deal of damage especially since Wajdan Enterprise is looking to extend to Europe under Zain Ali's supervision, but your sign is still needed."

She had merely come across the brainstorms of the European expansion plan. The rest she had bullshitted. She crossed her fingers behind her back that he hadn't caught her. Zain better be coming up with some non-existent European projects for all the Rated Scenes he had exposed her to.

Mention the hospital Zain had said.

"Which will affect the hospital project and the amount of time and resources allocated towards it.

"Sehar-" He was miffed and trying to cut her, but Laila just smiled at him walking past him.

"Junaid, Will you please escort our dear friend out. I have called Uber already." She picked up the discarded dress merely between her index finger and her thumb as she was touching something dirty. She walked over and dropped it in Sehar's lap. "Your stuff will be delivered home."

The woman was to say something but Laila held her arm out towards the door, standing in front of the towering man.

"Who said I'm going, Miss Lubna?" He went around her, standing in front of her. He leaned forward, trying to rile her and intimidate.

"If you don't go today, under Zain Sir's instruction I can't entertain any of your off-work expenses, not even lunch." She crossed her arms, her voice hardened at him.

"It's my company, Miss Lubna, I-"

"Laila!"

"What?" He stepped back, running a hand through his mess of hair.

"Mera naam Laila hai, Sir." She huffed a little, the maroon dupatta fell from her head on her shoulders. "And Junaid picked up your suit from the Dry Cleaners on the way here. I will get the required files from your desk. We only have fifteen minutes. Otherwise, the company's future will be in shambles." She expectantly stared back into his annoyed dark eyes.

Ya Allah, please. Iss kamine se bachao.

He sneered before snatching the suit from Junaid and disappeared up the staircase. She sighed, flopping on the couch. It took her thirty seconds to remember God knows what they had done there. She jumped up and rightly so she was sitting on the woman's black lace bra. Oh, my baby Penguin. Her ears turned red as she saw Junaid trying to hide his amusement.

"yeh roz ka kaam hai, baji. You'll get used to it." His green eyes glittered with humor.

"I'll get the files."

She turned but halted in her steps because she had no idea where his home office was. She looked around. The man had the most beautiful home he owned in probably the whole of Islamabad, but it was filled with mess. The ceiling to floor windows looked over the bipolar weather of Islamabad. It was so mesmerizing as if she held her hand out the window she could touch the clouds. But the walls were bare like no one had bothered to put down their roots in this place. No familial touch. The cream couches rather seemed to belong to an expensive furniture shop. The dining table had papers and water bottles accumulating on it and eight chairs were far too much for one person.

Ishq | (complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें