Puffer calls Buttertooth over so she lays down and rests her head on his laps. Zed carries me up by surprise making me yelp but I cover my mouth with my hands to avoid screaming. He spreads his wings and levitates, rotating slowly as he keeps himself from hitting the top of the tent.

"Shh. Just close your eyes and sleep," he says before I can even ask what he's doing.

A smile spreads across my face as he starts humming a song. His voice is crazily smooth despite how deep it is. 'A beautiful face with a beautiful voice,' I think to myself before closing my eyes and slowly drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

~'~

Opening my eyes, I'm in the same incomplete building I first encountered a demon. I rub my eyes and notice that I am crying and also sitting down on the ground. How am I in the City of the Frees again?

I get up and look around, observing the old building structure that was meant to be the first supermarket. A growl behind me makes me turn quickly and I see the same demon making its way towards me. The ugly beast then picks up its pace with an abnormal speed.

With my heart racing, I run away. The streets are empty like the whole city is deserted. After a while of running, I'm finally out of breath. Something doesn't feel right about this place. I turn to see that the demon is just behind me.

Letting out a loud growl, the ugly beast lifts a hand to attack me. My heart beats faster and my body shakes but something else grabs my attention. My palms are glowing.

I quickly place my palms together and close my eyes, then a picture of the demon on fire enters my mind but the harsh growling I hear makes my eyes pop back open and to my surprise, the demon is really on fire. I use this opportunity to run further away from the beast.

A blinding light appears in front of me but it's already too late to slow down. I run into the light and...

~'~

My eyes open. Blinking a couple times, I see that I'm back at the tent. I turn to see that I'm lying down on Zed, who now looks at me with a concerned face.

"Are you okay?" He asks as I close my eyes to steady my heartbeat.

"Yeah I am. It was only just a weird dream," I say, staring at the signs on my palms.

"Okay it's time. Let's get ready to ditch this city," Decklan says and I notice that everyone is awake already. I am probably the only one just waking up.

"You still haven't explained anything to us. What's the plan?" Puffer asks and I nod, agreeing to the question.

"All you need to know is that the weapon is on its way here as we speak. Evalaine can you use your powers?" Decklan says, putting all attention on me.

"I don't know but I can try," I say, remembering the dream I just had.

"Okay do something let's see. Your powers might be needed," Decklan says.

"And you say that now?" Zed helps me up and faces Decklan.

Ignoring them, I close my eyes and place my palms together, picturing a small ball of light hovering in between my palms and when I open my eyes, a small ball of light appears in between my palms.

"Wow. You did it," Zed says, his eyes wide.

"I did it in my dream and it worked so I only guessed it would work in reality." I shrug and Buttertooth comes forward, putting her hand through the light.

"Good. Now you'll have to make this guy float so we can fly him away from here," Decklan says, causing us to turn to look in the direction he's pointing.

"That's just the entrance of the tent and it's..." Zed starts but a guard running in shuts him up.

"Hey. We need to leave," the guard says and hands a long pole to Decklan.

He removes his armour, leaving him in just normal clothing. Everyone except Decklan just stares at him, surprise written on our faces. He notices this and smiles.

"Hello. I'm Rigo, nice to meet you all," he says with a grin.

"Evalaine make him float and we're off," Decklan says and I immediately close my eyes and place my palms together.

Picturing him floating, I open my eyes to see that he's levitating. He looks at himself in amusement, probably wondering how he's up there without wings. Decklan brings out his wings, hands the pole and the bag over to Zed and heads out of the tent, holding Rigo.

Puffer and Buttertooth spread their wings and head out also. Zed looks at me and shrugs before we both let out our wings.

GRAVICTAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara