0.13 | Mid Night Adventures

Start from the beginning

A sheen of sweat slathered across her forehead even in the coldest midnight breeze that welcomed her. Ruby was praying, nonstop, not to have any sort of encounter with a stronger stranger from any dark corner.

She pulled the jacket tighter and it gave her arms and back a view of a rippling muscular body that she didn't even have.

Ruby might have lost the route completely, all the buildings looked very similar to each other. She wondered where would she spend the night. And also, there was no hope of that taxi driver coming back and picking her up. If only she had regarded the driver with respect and etiquette, she would have slept in her bed; taking some big Z's.

Ruby rummaged through her braid after pushing down the rubberband since her head started to ache badly. Her limps were giving up already- cause she had no proteins in her stomach, and not even her much-desired pint of drink. Ruby snaked her arms around her stomach and crouched down to lessen the pain. "Just my luck! I don't even have a cellphone phone."

"Ah. where the hell is his house? Ruby, you are a bitch! You can't remember anything. Where will I go now? You should better die─" Ruby was conveying the spiel to herself. She stopped in the middle as she felt somebody's hand cupping her shoulder blade warmly from behind.

Who is this? Perhaps her untimely demise lurked behind her back. Probably has come here to take her permission to take her along with him to heaven, or hell. She erected her back slowly.

Without turning around she continued, "Listen, my father is a renowned officer . . . who works in a police department and my brother is a famous . . . lawyer. It would be ideal for you not to show me your face and bugger off from here. I'm counting till three," grudgingly, she said after taking intervals of long pauses in between.

"Three . . ."

He didn't change his hand's position rather he clawed it tightly.

"Two . . ."

His grip got a tad bit tighter around her shoulder ball as if he would tear it apart from her body.

"One . . ."

He turned her on her heels violently, when she was still making plans as to how to get rid of this pervert. Conflicts of kneeing him in the balls or slapping him, which would be more effective had occupied her mind. Sequestered her thoughts from the clutches of the self-defense act to which she was going to resort, she saw Joseph gawking at her, but this time his eyes spoke a newly found language of innocence and goofiness.

"Oh, you-u scared me," Ruby said bashfully.

"You didn't go to your home? You defied my instructions?" he questioned, and his voice was exceptionally sweet, it seemed like his hangover was eventually coming to rest.

"That's what I can ask you, too. Why didn't you get inside yours?" she asked confidently.

"My house is a house for namesake only. There's a bed, fridge, food, and--- no one. Yes, no one. No life but disturbing silence enshrined within the four walls." Joseph looked sideways, and he seemed very serious as he confessed.

Ruby felt he had been hiding something, she opened her mouth in the hope of getting more in-depth answers to her queries but somehow stopped. She didn't want him to be angry at her again. And, not after he was talking to her nicely.

He pivoted lazily only to inform her. "My house is in the second lane from here, thought of informing you if you were searching." Joseph motioned, and a hiccup erupted from his mouth.

"So I was close." Ruby gasped in amusement, laughing a bit to kill the awkwardness embedded in her.

Word count - 1330

Word count - 1330

a/n; Joseph's hiding a lot of secrets.
Can u smell the romantic air?
TONS of things r stuffed in my backpack.

Plzz vote, comment and let me know ur thoughts...