"Yes. Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately," Klaus responded, gesturing towards his artwork.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Adrian inquired, looking slightly insulted.

Klaus cocked an eyebrow, tilting his head as he closed the gap between him and his hybrid. "What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude," Klaus snapped. He took a step back, gesturing for Adrian to pick up the painting. He did as told, picking it up. "And be careful with that; it's still wet."

Adrian quickly left the room, Rory taking a sip of her coffee. "Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know," Stefan commented.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximise on the benefits of free labour? What are you doing here?" Klaus questioned, dropping onto the couch next to Rory. The doppelganger passed her mug of coffee towards him, Klaus taking it gratefully.

"Elena is sired to Damon," Stefan said.

"Oop," Rory placed a finger on the tip of her nose, making Stefan roll his eyes.

Klaus simply chuckled. "Yes, Rory filled me in,"

"Which means I need to find the cure more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes," Stefan crossed his arms over his chest.

"I've delivered," Klaus responded. "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy—which we all know, considering you were relentlessly calling me and interrupting my private time—which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark."

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark. The problem is, we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us," Stefan stated. "And just an FYI, I wouldn't have called so much if you just learned how to pick up your phone between you guys'... sessions."

"Oh, don't sound so grossed out. I look just like your ex-girlfriend, you know," Rory raised an eyebrow, giving him a look from behind her phone. Stefan simply stared at her with a deadpan gaze. Rory shook her head with a soft giggle. "You're so serious; flip that humanity switch again so we can have some real fun, Steffie."

"That's unlikely," Stefan replied.

"Bummer," Rory faked a dramatic pout.

"This Jeremy business sounds like quite the chore," Klaus responded boredly as he stood behind Rory. "Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work."

"Hm. Or maybe you're lying about having found the sword," Stefan said in a distrustful manner.

"Why would I lie to you, Stefan? We're in this together," Klaus opened a vault, revealing the Hunter's sword, safely wrapped in a cloth. He gripped it in his hands. "The hilt acts as a cipher which we'll use to decode the marks on Jeremy's tattoo when he's killed enough vampires to complete it." Klaus explained, before setting it back into the vault and locking it.

Rory could not help but think about how delicious he looked holding the sword. How she wished she lived back a couple of centuries to see the hybrid engaged in battle. Maybe she just had a thing for medieval shows.

"I heard you moved out of your house," Klaus continued to talk as he made his way back towards Rory. He placed a hand on her knee as he sat down beside her once more. "Bit of a martyr move, hm?"

"I'm not here to bond, Klaus," Stefan snapped.

"On the contrary—I think right now, Rory and I the best friends you've got," Klaus smirked.