LX. Choices

Irene stretches her arms, she fell asleep while tucking Lisa in. She noticed that her tall lover is already awake. "Hey, Hon. It's too early. Get back to sleep. She buried her face in Lisa's chest. She missed the warmth of  her body gives off.

"I want to know where she is." Chance spoked.

"Huh? Hon, who?"

"The one I owed this second life with. She died because of me. I still don't understand what really happened. All I can ever remember was my poor friend died for me. I couldn't remember as well that the two of us met again. I could only remember the little whinny Jeongyeon. Those were my only memories of her."

Irene understood what she meant. She really wanted to tell her everything. She's the reason why her lover suffered a lot. If there's someone to be blamed here, she thinks it should be her. "We'll visit her grave."

"You know where?"

"I have my resources. I can check that for you." She lied, of course she went at Jeongyeon's funeral rite.

"You can do that? Oh Hyun, thank you so much I really appreciate it."

"But for now just behave and listen to me, okay? You need to get back to sleep."

"Yes, Maam!"

"Good, you're too cute." She smiled.

"Am I? But you're the most gorgeous woman I ever know. Are you aware of that?"

"I am very aware. That's why you fell for me head over heels."

"That's affirmative, Maam." She agreed.

"Kiss me." The older woman commanded her lover and of course the whipped one obliged. "Hmm, I love you, Hon."

"I love you too. Can we just cuddle?" She tried to act cute.

"No, cuddles could led us doing something crazier. You agreed to behave and we are both going back to sleep. We will visit your friend later."
Irene wrapped her arms securely around her lover's petite body.

9:00 am, they arrived at the cemetery. Chance wondered why Irene got two basket of flowers. She just followed her as she led them to Jeongyeon's tombstone. Someone just left a  bouquet of  fresh flowers the same with the next tombstone. She thought at least her childhood friend won't be sad because she's not totally alone. Her girlfriend placed the baskets; one for Jeongyeon and the other one for the next tombstone. She read the name.

" Sgt.Wang  Jackson"

She noticed as well that they both died on the same day, the 13th of December.

"Hyun, do you know this person? How did you know that there's another person buried next to my friend? You bought two basket of flowers."

"I don't know him. I just couldn't decide which type of flower to bring. And your friend's grave is kinda crowded with flowers already. Let's just think this man here is also her friend somewhere over the rainbow."
The older girl bit her lower lip. She knew she's a terrible liar and she was afraid that her lies could caught with her one day.

"I'm glad she's not alone here." Chance arranged the flowers and squatted in front of the tomb. "Hey, buddy. How are you? I am so sorry it's the first time that I visit you here. Have you been lonely? Look, I guess Mr. Jackson keeps you occupied here. I miss you. I know you I am so chatty." She could not help her tears to fall.
"What were you thinking, Jeong? Why did you let yourself be killed? You could surely save both of our lives? Do you know how lost I am right now? All I could remember is your tragic death. I have so many questions left unanswered. I know it's stupid to ask you." She wiped her tears and fixed her clothes. "Jeong, I promise to give you justice. Even if I work hard for it day and night. I will find those people." She glanced to her girlfriend and gestured to come forward. "Jeong, I almost forgot, this is my girlfriend Hyun. Too bad you haven't met her."