XXIII. How To Save a Life

Two men talking in the office.

"Hey, you gonna deliver again?" He just sent the confirmation email.

"Yeah," his friend replied shortly.

"Is she eating well?"

"I think so, I always left it on her secretary's desk."

"I didn't know our job is going to extend as much as this."

"Ya, I am not even complaining here."
He smiled while putting everything in the styro box.

"What do you have today?"

"Home-made kimbap and sushi, fruits and orange juice."

"Wow! That's a lot for a snack, right?"
He checked the foods as well.

"I know, right?"

"Go, don't get caught."

@Gangnam Hospital

JISOO'S POV

"Mandeuk, you need to take some rest. I'll just stay here and give you updates about Limario."

"No, I want to stay with Lili. I'll wait until she's awake."

"Don't be stubborn. You have not sleep for hours. Your kids also need you. Your health is our priority, Mandeuk."

"Fine," She finally agreed then she whispered "but don't ever let Irene gets inside. I want to be the first person Lisa will see as she opens her eyes." I stared at Irene, she's still calm. Most of her friends gone home already. So it's me Jennie, Krystal another friend of Lisa I don't know about, Irene and Lisa's Police officer friend.

It's like we are having a competition here who is the last man standing. And I'm Jennie's proxy. "Trust me she will never pass that door." I pointed out the door.

She chuckled, "Okay, Chuu. You take care here. I love you unnie."

"I love you Mandeuk, yeah you do as well."

I crossed my arms and sit properly at the couch. Still waiting for the operation to finish. Krystal was kind enough to bring a tray with 3 cup of coffees. She offered me one then another to Irene.

"Thanks, Krystal." She said. So they knew each other.

She turned to me, "I'm Krystal, Lisa's friend." I offered a hand shake.

"Kim Jisoo, just call me Jisoo. I'm Jennie's older sister and also Lisa's old friend." The woman with cold face just looked at us. "And you are?" I asked this woman here. I know she's a threat to my sister.

"Bae Joohyun, call me Irene." I have an idea who she is of course. But for formalities sake I just introduce myself as well. We were muted for a moment. Krystal broke the silence.

"Miss Bae, you don't have to worry that much, Lisa is a fighter she will make it. And your best friend is one of those assisting surgeons at the operation so she's really in good hands."

Irene nodded, "I know, I believe in Lisa and besides Wendy is one of the best surgeons here. I didn't know the two of you got really close; that the officer contacted you first. I have no idea what's really going on with Lisa's life."

I just listened to them, "Well, I don't know where to begin with. You can definitely ask her about that." Krystal explained.

"This is really all my fault. I should have not let her leave our home." Regrets were evident in Irene's voice

"Miss Bae, please don't blame it all to yourself. It's an accident. Lisa happened to pass by and there was a gang riot nearby the hotel. And Officer Yoo already took care of those people."