XX. The Only

IRENE'S POV

Lisa never once pick up my calls. As in not a single one. When we were together, she'll pick up even the ring hasn't finish yet. She's whip and that makes my heart flutter. But now it kinda hurts that she ignores me. I never stopped doing this for 2 weeks,  calling and getting rejected. I know that I was at fault so I need to do some efforts to win her back. Never in my entire life that I imagined myself to stalk a person. After Jennie's threat of course, I could not stay still for a minute and let her win. I was shaken that she could be a real bitch. So my instinct about her was accurate. Lisa is just insensitive not to notice that her so called best friend has still hang ups with her. Good thing Lisa doesn't look at Jennie the same way anymore. I am confident that she loves me. Not an assumption, yeah, because I tried to follow her wherever she goes. I saw how she interacted with Jennie one time at the supermarket. Most of the time she is spacing out like she's been in deep thoughts. She might be missing me, she just doesn't want to do the first move.

"Unnie, are you sick? What on earth are we doing here in the carnival?" Yerim complained. Her voice brought me back to reality.

I invited her out of the blue to go to this carnival. She's actually late but at least I have a company to make it look coincidental. Lisa is here. She's probably got so bored that she wanted to spend her time in this place. She's wearing her casual clothes, her huge white shirt, skinny jeans and sneakers. She's always great in whatever she wears. Plus the spectacle.

"I'll promise to buy everything you want, Yerim. Just stop complaining."

"For real? As in anything? Oh, my God! Okay, I'll zip my mouth. I'll do as you say." She pointed the popcorn corner.

"I want pop corn, unnie, the big one and hotdog on sticks." she opened her two hands begging for money.

Yeah, Yeri is taking advantage of me but what should I do? It was my condition. I pulled out some cash and gave it to her. "Alright, just go get whatever you want and be back here at once."

"You're an angel in disguise, unnie!"

My eyes scanned the entire area, I just saw Lisa awhile ago but now she's out of my sight again. I walked around and I found her taking photos of the kids riding the carousel. Okay, this is my chance. I'll pretend that I am just here by coincidence. So I passed the carousel slowly so she would take notice of me. Yeah, I was like plotting a cheesy movie scene. Been practicing my speech so the moment I get a chance to talk to her. I'll say, "Honey, I really miss you and I love you so much. I can't take our situation anymore. Let's go home now." I just hope I'll be able to follow my script later. I took a deep breathe. You can do this Joohyun, for the love of Lalisa Manoban, goodness, please nail this one.

When I am about to turn to face Lisa, she is now busy helping a kid who fell down. What a scene stealer? Great kid.

"Hey, watch out. Are you hurt?" She asked the little girl. The girl just cried out loud that made Lisa panic.

"Oh, baby, please don't cry, where's your mom? Come here, let's look for her, okay?" She tried to console the girl but the latter cried even harder.
"Do you want some cotton candies? I'll buy you the pink one." They were heading to the cotton candy corner.

Yerim is now by my side busy licking the ice cream she just bought. "Are you somehow trying to shoot a CF, unnie?" She caught me in the most awkward pose.

"God, what took you so long?" I diverted the topic. I looked like a fool.

"Well, the ice cream parlor is jam-packed. A lot of kids go there even this late." She then get her phone. "Since you are posing already unnie. Let me take a picture of you."