IV. She Is My Girlfriend

Upon arriving at the hospital we went straight to the emergency room. Joohyun and I are holding hands together. I need to hold her so that she can keep up with me.

I saw Jennie, she was like a crying mess. So when we approach her. I called for her. My voice is too small but enough for her to recognize it.

"Nini..."

Upon seeing me Jennie come running. She pulls me for a hug. She clings unto me as her life depends on me. I felt that Joohyun let go of my hand so that I can hug Jennie back. I can see Joohyun turn away and sit at the far end of the waiting area. I am patting Jennie's back.

"Nini, it's okay. I am here now. Please calm down. You need to be strong for your husband. Where are the kids? I will drive them home."

"I am sorry for dragging you into this. I have no one to ask for help." She apologized.

"No need to say, sorry. You know I'll be there for you."

"Thanks, Lili."

I called Joohyun. "Honey." She looked up. Her eyes were closed. She was probably avoiding seeing me consoling Jennie. I felt bad for Joohyun but there was really nothing to be jealous of. Now that she's with me I took the chance to introduce her to Jennie.

Jennie looked at Joohyun with a measuring look. I just shrugged it off.
"Honey, let me introduce you to my best friend, Jennie." Joohyun eyes widened as I mentioned the word best friend. "Jennie this is Irene, my girlfriend." I introduced Joohyun as my girlfriend, I could see that she felt relieved and relaxed. We don't usually out our relationship. This was the only way to make her relax. I know she does not trust Jennie. But why do I feel like there was a building of tension between them? Jennie was not moving away from me. She was still clinging to me. And she seemed hurt? Is she hurt that I did not tell her about my sexual orientation?

The two shook hands. "It is nice to formally meet you, Irene. Lisa had mentioned you to me. She was terrified to go home late because of you. " Jennie revealed.

"Nice to know that she has another best friend I am not aware of," Joohyun replied sarcastically.

"Honey, we go into details later. Jennie and I had unfinished issues way back that was why I have not mentioned her to you." I explained.

We are now at the lobby to meet Jennie's kids.

JENNIE'S POV

I've been crying mess and I am relieved to see Lisa. She is still the same Lisa. She would come whenever I needed her. But I did not know she came with a company.

"Honey" Lisa called the woman at the far end. I am not sure if the woman is already asleep. She looks at Lisa full of affection. She's the same woman in Kai's company. She is Kai's co-worker. She goes closer as Lisa is gesturing her to come closer. She is indeed pretty. I wonder who is she and what is her role in Lisa's life? She isn't fond of calling with endearment.

"Honey, let me introduce you to my best friend, Jennie." Lisa then introduced me to her companion.

"Jennie this is Irene, my girlfriend."
What the hell, am I hearing it correctly? Is Lisa gay? I did not see it coming. What the hell I was doing back then that I did not see any signs? I have swallowed my saliva. Irene obviously feels proud about it. I can see it in her eyes that she's a bit surprised that Lisa introduced her proudly. Probably they are not open to the public yet.

All these years, Lisa is trying to hide her real self from people including me. I understand if she's not comfortable talking about it.

For someone who became MIA for so long, what else to do but to accept the reality. And act like it was totally insignificant.