XLIV. Playing With Fire

THIRD PERSON'S POV

She woke up and has been so thankful once again for a new beginning. She never thought she would have survived, probably she won't be if not for someone's help. She owed her life to her saviour. She took her crutches, today is her schedule therapy but even without her schedule she usually drops by to visit the person who saved her life. Her dad told her not to push her limit. She supposed to be on a wheelchair but she's just too hard headed to follow the instructions given by her own doctor who happened to be her dad as well. She believes she will be able to recover quickly if she won't be relying on the wheelchair. It was really a miracle that they both survived the fire and the explosion. She also thought she won't be able to walk after breaking her right leg. She got that from the high fall. She did everything she could that terrible day.

FLASHBACK...

"I'm afraid to die, Lisa" she uttered

"I don't know how to comfort you with words. We both know what's about to happen. Don't worry you won't die alone. I am with you 'til the end." She smiled to the scared agent. Everything around them were burning and some objects started to fall down. Lisa covered her securely so she won't be exposed directly to the fire. She knew they both won't last that long. They are going to die eventually.

She saw an opening, there was an open window. They could escape from there but it would be risky to jump off from the burning building itself. She heard Lisa shouting in pain. She could no longer take the heat from the entire place.

"Lisa, we need to do something." She grabbed her hand and pulled Lisa away. Then there was a falling object about to hit her but Lisa used her own self as a shield. Lisa left unconscious afterwards, the block of a burning wood knocked her off.

Mina saw a rope and had an idea. It would be now or never. She tied it securely with the staircase. She was really having hard time to move around the place since everything was already on fire. "Come on Lisa, get up. I can't carry you." She was tapping her face. She got so shocked when she felt the wetness on Lisa's side cheek. Her head is injured and she's bleeding.  They're losing their time so she tried to drag her. She was positioning herself and  the unconscious Lisa so she could estimate the the height of the jump she's about to make but suddenly the building rumbled that made her lost her balance. The last thing she remembered was she's hugging Lisa as they both fell from the building and they had been hit by multiple branches of the tree. She felt that she somehow broke her leg during their landing. She tried to endure it as much as possible and focus on how they would escape the possible explosion. The the force from their fall had them rolling down to the river bank. She never felt this kind of pain that she wishes she just died instantly than to experience all of those hardships. She remembered her phone, the screen was broken but she had a  signal. She dialled a number. She only calls the certain emergency number when it's a matter of death and life situation.

"Grandpa, help me." Her voice was too weak. She already knew that help is coming, she could always count on her grandfather.

She took something from her phone and reached for a rock. She smashed the chip with the use of the rock. When she was so sure that the chip was really destroyed she then smashed her phone. No one should know they are alive. She knew that the Chinese Mafia would still look for Lisa and the latter's life is in danger. She'll do everything to keep her safe. She owed her life to her.

It was almost morning when a private chopper arrived nearby. Three men came closer, the two lifted Lisa and the other one assisted her.  An old man in black suit with a cane was waiting outside the chopper.