XXXII. Ambush

JEONGYEON'S POV

Our Chief Inspector asked everyone to unwind for a night. He will be moving to another location. He is one of those superiors that I admire in the field, clean slate, no record of corruption. It saddens me that he will be moving but I wish him well. I don't know who's gonna replace him. I am just hoping someone like him will be assigned to our department.

"Officer Yoo, cheers to our hard works!" Our chief inspector raised his glass. We were inside a pub and the set of music playing on our background are so bop.

Everyone is getting so wasted. I enjoy myself as well. I could not remember when was the last time I had so much drink.

With regards to our on going investigation, I guess they stop doing any moves. Lisa got back to her normal life. She's doing great, she set up her new studio. Everything is normal. I smiled, at last I have nothing to worry anymore.

I felt like going to the rest room so I excused myself. But before I even stand up. Somebody is shooting us from different direction. A nonstop gun shootings. I look to all direction but I can't see anyone firing the gun. It must be from a distant area. We all ducked down. We took out our guns to aim as well but we were like blinds shooting on the air right we can't see who are our enemies.

The chief inspector signalled me to move left and check 45 degrees direction. I obliged. Some of my team fell down. I was not even sure if they're still alive. Three heavenly armoured men got inside the pub shooting us. My other team mates took care the two while the chief inspector killed the other one. But the shooting from nowhere still continues. I tried to search again then bingo, I saw the person on the other side of the building. He's a sharpshooter. I am sure that with our distance before my bullet reach him, he'll be able to kill me first. Let's see who's gonna be lucky tonight.

"Sir, he's on that building. Buy me some time I am going to cross the street. It's impossible to shoot from here." I asked for permission.

"No, not you Officer Yoo, I can't afford to lose a good officer, let's wait for the back up. Our pistols are no use with the calibres they have."

"Sir, we are all gonna die here until the back up arrives. Just buy me some time. I just need to get enough distance to kill that shit."

"Okay, Go! I got your back." Our chief inspector exchanges fire with the sharpshooter. I run as fast as I can to cross the street discreetly. I can't still find a proper distance to shoot him.

"Bullshit, I'll just go up there!" I yell into frustration. People from the building ran outside in panic. I used the elevator and go up to 11th floor. I head straight to the roof top. That man is still on his position shooting below my team. I was aiming to shoot him but I just heard a gun shoot, not mine, I have not pulled the trigger yet. It instantly killed him. I looked around and see a familiar figure. She's all in black once again and with a mask. I don't think she noticed my presence. So I hide from the corner. She walked closer to the dead person and checkes his belongings. She grabbed his phone and shove it inside her pocket.

I walked slowly, still on guard. "Drop your gun," I said

She just laughed, "It's you once again." She said.

"Who are you and why are you always popping around? Drop your gun." I repeated as I point my gun to her.

"What else can you do?" She said sarcastically. "You're not supposed to be here, they are coming for your friend."

I don't know if I should believe her or not. I am not even sure if she's on our good side or an enemy. I pulled the trigger just in case she would try to escape. This time I promise to really shoot her leg. And she moved.
She swiftly kicked my gun and pulled me close, she twisted my arm and lifted me up on the air. I just realized she threw me. So she's good in one on one combat. I quickly got back on my feet and kicked her leg so she would lose her balance. I am now on top of her throwing punches. "Who are you? What do you want?" I swore, whoever behind this mask would surely look awful.