XXIV. Our Baby

JEONGYEON'S POV

"The tracker that I'd check directly transmit it's data to GT Inc. When I am trying to copy the resources it acted strangely and my damn laptop got infected with virus." Bam gave me some information that I am trying to gasp at once. We're at my place discussing all the informations we gathered.

"This is really getting serious, Jeong. We can't just act on our own. You saw it yourself what these people can do. We don't even know why the tracker is even linked to GT Inc. office?" Jackson can no longer contained his frustrations, he got really worried with Lisa. She's supposed to be out of the picture. But whether we like it or not she got dragged into this already. Good thing the operation went well but we are all still waiting for Lisa to recover.

"That's the reason that we are doing this together because we can't trust anyone. They are always ahead of us. And they really sent well skilled people." I recalled the lady I encountered. I've been bothered by her identity. Is she an enemy or an ally?

"I also checked those men whom got killed, they don't have any single record on the data base."

"She mentioned, Lisa is my last card."
I suddenly spilled the tea. I didn't tell them about this because I am not sure if she's with us or whatnot.

"Who told you that?" Jackson asked me.

"I found Lisa being attacked by these men but there was someone else there. A very skillful woman, I am not sure if she's an ally or an enemy. But she did help me. I didn't shoot those men. She did."

"Can you remember anything about her?" Bam asked.

"How can I? She's fucking wearing a full mask." I am really getting annoyed that I was not able to reveal her identity.

"Let's just wait for it, Jeong. They are still after Lisa, she might tell us some information when she wakes up." Jackson drops the topic for now.

"By the way, I didn't know your childhood friend is quite popular with girls. You really need to ask Lisa how she was able to manage to meet all those pretty girls. Who is her girlfriend among them?" Bam got curious.

"It's Joohyun and she has not come around. The audacity of that woman. I never seen her around Lisa. Like she doesn't  care at all. I appreciate Jennie for being protective and Krystal for being reliable. But that Joohyun? No, I don't know what does that woman possessed that Lisa is still head over heels in love with her after breaking the Monkey's poor heart."

"But did you notice, that small girl? The one who had been calm the entire time. Bam, what's the girl's name again?" Jackson asked.

"Ahh, yeah Irene, yes her name is Irene and the one with the temperamental issue is Jennie, right?" Bam was delighted recalling the scenes at the hospital.

"Damn that Manoban! How to be her?" Jackson's mouth was agape. "Jeong give us a call when she's awake. I'll be asking if she still has any single friends."

"Yah, you guys get your asses working before asking girls out."

The two crackheads just laughed at me. Why do I have crazy friends like them? How can you think of girls when we have loads of work to do?

@SMCorp Building

"Miss Bae, aren't you going to take a break?" My secretary asked me. Ever since Lisa and I broke up I stopped going to the cafeteria. I don't have the appetite to eat anything.

The last time I enjoyed eating was when she cooked for me. I know for sure, Lisa took me home that day. I woke up hugging her bunny stuff toy.
The entire house was also clean and in proper order. There was no trace of any empty bottles. The pile of laundry was also arranged , she knew I would be mad if someone do the laundry other than myself. She just left it as ease. I felt like crying having my breakfast that moment, she cooked my favorite meal, spicy tteoboki and honey glazed salmon. Those only proved that she still cares for me. Though she rejected me. But I really felt ashamed throwing myself to her only to be rejected. Lisa is just being herself, she is always a gentlewoman and modest.