His Love Keeps Me Warm

Start from the beginning

“It’s really fucking cold.” Stiles says, and Derek scoffs while waving him inside. Stiles gives him a grateful look before moving inside to where it was warm. He had never been inside the Hale cabin, and he was shocked because it was not as he excepted. Stiles had honestly been prepared for the cabin to be dark, dank, and dreary. Stiles really wasn’t prepared for how it actually looks. The cabin was clean, smelled lived in, and Derek even had a little Christmas tree on the coffee table.

“Did you get here okay?” Derek asks, and Stiles moves to sit in the chair by the fireplace. He shivers some, and Derek throws a blanket at him which he takes gratefully.

“Yeah, the Jeep skidded a bit but nothing I couldn’t handle.” Stiles says, and Derek frowns before moving to lean on the edge of the couch.

“I’ll drive you back.” Derek says, and Stiles opens his mouth to protest but shuts it while giving Derek a fond look. Stiles has finally stopped shivering, and he takes off his jacket to just be in his long sleeved shirt. It was strange to see Derek again after being gone at school for months, but at the same time it was as though nothing had changed between them. “John said you made the Dean’s list this semester.” Derek comments, and Stiles gives him an easy grin.

“Yeah, chemistry kicked my ass though.” Stiles laughs, and Derek smiles at him. Neither man says again until Stiles speaks again. “I never told you thank you.” Stiles whispers, and Derek raises his eyebrow in question. Stiles licks his lips while running his hand through his hair. “Not making a big deal about me leaving. You’re the alpha, you could have made me stay so thank you.” Stiles whispers, and Derek crosses his arms over his chest.

“You’re education is important, Stiles. Plus.” Derek pauses, and Stiles looks at him to continue. “I knew you would come back.” Derek whispers, and it sounds intimate. Stiles looks at him softly from the chair, and gives him a small smile.

“I will always come back.” Stiles promises, and Derek nods. They fall into comfortable silence for a few minutes, and Stiles leans his head against the edge of the chair. “So what were you doing before I rudely interrupted you?” Stiles asks, curious.

Derek finally moves to sit in the couch he was leaning against, and he still looks uncomfortable but he always does. “I was just reading, and watching television.” Derek says, and Stiles grins at him.

“I bet you were totally checking out the weather channel.” Stiles says, and Derek scowls at him. Stiles spots the remote on the coffee table, and he lunges for it just as Derek does. Somehow he manages to get to before Derek, Derek ends up on top of him on the floor, and Stiles flicks on the television. A man in a well-kept suit is speaking about a cold front hitting the north, and Stiles grins triumphantly at Derek.

“Shut up.” Derek says, but there is no heat behind it. Stiles laughs, and Derek leans his cheek on his Stiles back. Stiles doesn’t move, mostly because he doesn’t want to, and Derek rubs his cheek on Stiles for a second before standing up to haul Stiles up by his arms. “You smell like a dorm room.” Derek huffs, and Stiles smiles at him.

“Scent me up good then.” Stiles jokes, and Derek gives him a dark eyed look while Stiles grins at him. Derek sighs before letting him go to sit down on the couch, and Stiles moves to sit next to him. “It’s snowing pretty bad outside now.” Stiles notices, and Derek turns his attention to the window outside.

“It is. When is your dad getting off work?” Derek asks, and Stiles turns his attention to him instead.

“Tomorrow morning. He’s working with a double shift. I was by myself, so that’s why I called.” Stiles says, and Derek cocks his head to the side comically. “I wanted to spend the holiday with you anyway, Derek.” Stiles admits, and Derek looks down but Stiles catches the smile.