How to be a light for Christ

Verses: "For once you were in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of the light." Ephesians 5:8

As Christians, we are called to walk as children of the light. But I am sure some of you are wondering: Caty, how do I do that?

Here are my tips and tricks for walking as children of the light:

1. Love EVERYONE!

This one is tough because some people are really hard to love. But as Jesus says: 'love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Matthew 19:19) So we are called to love and be kind to everyone. Which can be really hard because some people are difficult and want to start wars with you on Twitter. Instead of fighting or arguing with someone, you show love and be kind instead.

2. show kindness

This means smiling at people in grocery store, being friendly to people out in town, and helping others when they need it. Kindness is what Jesus taught us and in our society today, we need kindness now more than ever! So smile at people, be friendly, and help others!

3. Volunteer at church, a charity, etc.

Just give your time and attention to volunteer. But if you are like me and you are physically unable to volunteer in physical work, I donate my crocheted blankets to a charity to give to those who are in need. Volunteering is one way we can show the love and light of Jesus to others who are in need.

4. Serve, seek, and follow God

You can serve God by using your God given talents to help others and you can serve God by doing what He tells you to do. You serve God by loving and helping others. To seek God you need to read your Bible, worship Him, pray to Him, and listen to Him. To follow God, you listen and obey Him. You go where God tells you to go and you do whatever God calls you to do.

Prayer:

Dear God,

I pray that as I seek you, follow you, and serve you that I grow closer to you. Help me build a strong and close relationship with you. I pray that as I love others, show kindness, and volunteer that I share your love and light with the world. Help me to build your kingdom and show others your goodness, love, and light. I praise you for goodness, love, hope, joy, and mercy. I believe in you and I know you hear me. I know you will bless me.

I thank you for all my many blessings and for Your Son.

In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!

***

Hey beautiful! I hope you enjoyed this! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I love you so much and thank you for reading❤️💖💜

-xoxo Caty❤️💖💜