Chapter 159

You couldn't say the day had been relaxing, so far. It had been very active, and many times even frenetic. Keeping in mind who you were with, it was to expect. But, even though days like these exhausted you, and calm days were your favorite, you wouldn't have changed this day.

You had taken a walk around the town to see all the decorations and find out more about that night's celebration. After that, you went to the woods, where you spent the rest of the morning. It had been a bit stressful to have Luffy, Shachi, Penguin, and Esther (who had been sleeping with Bepo while you visited the town but was awake and as overexcited as usual when you returned) acting crazy here and there, and making sure Zoro didn't get lost, but it was so funny too. You understood, more than ever, why Esther loved them so much. They were all adorable, even Kid. Esther kept fangirling about the night she had spent staring at him, and he was, again, surprisingly patient with her, even though sometimes you could see him growing tired and had to intervene to distract your friend for a while so he could have a break.

Bepo really enjoyed his bath, but he wasn't the only one to dive into the lake. Despite the cold temperatures, Luffy, Zoro, and Shachi joined him (although everyone could tell this last regretted it). And, of course, there were the questions. Thousands of questions for you. About your life, likes and dislikes, family, opinions... Again, a bit stressful, but nobody seemed judgmental. It felt more like they wanted to know you because you were very important to their beloved captain. It would have been easier without Esther 'contributing' to some of your answers, though...

Instead of eating at a restaurant, Sanji prepared more delicious food for a picnic. Eating in the woods was probably your less favorite thing, bugs made it a hard task and you couldn't be comfortable, but it allowed you to enjoy Law's care, as he was constantly watching for bugs so ate as comfortably as possible.

Law. He was the main reason why the day was so enjoyable, despite its frenzy. He was relaxed and happy. Seeing him interact with the Strawhats, and especially with his crew, so carefree, sometimes even joking with his usual smugness, was a blessing. It was a side of him you didn't have the chance to see much, only in a couple of scenes from the anime, and you loved it. It was strange being part of it, but you felt so grateful.

After lunch, you had planned to return to the hotel to rest, but Esther suggested going to the mall and resting at the cinema instead, watching a movie. Everyone liked her idea, so you took the cars and headed there.

There was something you didn't think about, though; there wasn't any interesting movie you could see.

"They all look awful..." Esther commented, reading the reviews on her mobile.

Law was doing the same with his. "The horror one seems the best, but here it says it's very gory."

Kid grinned darkly. "Finally, something that's not pink and soft in this sappy world. Let's watch that one."

"(Y/N) won't like it," Law retorted, not needing more reasons to discard it.

"This world isn't any less dark than yours, you're just in a lucky spot..." Esther replied to Kid's comment, rereading the movies' synopsis.

The pirate looked at her, lightly shocked by the seriousness and subtle hint of bitterness in her tone.

Nami peeked at Esther's phone. "What do you think, Luffy?"

"Look at all that popcorn!!!!" the boy exclaimed, drooling in front of a candy store.

"He just wants food," Sanji stated, unimpressed.