Chapter 129

(F/D) = favorite drink

"I'm nervous," you admitted, walking through the street toward the restaurant you had chosen, your hand linked with Law's. The movie had ended and it was time for dinner.

"Why's that?" Law questioned, looking at you as he squeezed your hand.

You shrugged. "I don't know, it's the first time I celebrate Saint Valentine's Day. I'm excited, but I'm nervous."

"It's the first time I celebrate it, too," he reminded you.

You met his eyes and smiled. Another first time you shared together. "I'm very happy."

The restaurant was full, but thankfully you had reserved a table. You had hoped it was next to a window, but it was next to a wall instead. However, you didn't mind; Law was in front of you, and no window could give you a better view than the handsome man you loved.

You opened your menus on the table, and your eyes lowered to them in search of your dinner. However, you soon had yours moving to Law's face and staring at him

His gray orbs rose to yours, catching you staring, and his lips curved into a sexy smirk before he winked at you. He chuckled quietly when a soft blush painted your adorable cheeks and, instead of averting your eyes, pierced his with yours and sent him a charming smile. How he loved to catch you staring, meet your eyes, and earn one of your beautiful smiles as a bonus.

It was hard, but after some more long seconds, you managed to focus on the menu again. Law still watched you for a moment before doing the same.

"The dijon rosemary chicken looks good, but it's too much for me," you commented.

"We can order one or two appetizers and share the chicken," Law suggested. "I'm curious about the ham and cheese pastry sticks."

"Bread is not okay but pastry is?" you playfully questioned.

"Pastry is not bread."

"Okay, we'll order the chicken and the pastry sticks and share," you happily accepted. "And a good dessert. Will you have enough?"

He checked the picture that showed the chicken plate. "I'll order the stuffed eggs, too."

"Oh, I might take a piece, then, if you don't mind."

"You can take them all," he hummed, reading the menu distractedly.

You shook your head with a thankful smile, even though you knew he was going to say something like that. "No, just a piece."

When a waitress neared your table, you made your respective orders, and Law looked daggers at the small basket with bread she left in the middle of the table before leaving.

You giggled softly before moving the basket to your side, and the waitress soon returned with a beer for Law, that included a small bowl with chips, and (F/D) for you. She also brought a plate with smoked salmon cucumber rolls, something they served to all their customers while they waited for their food.

"It seems we'll have more food than expected," you commented, meeting Law eyes with a smile before he took a sip of his beer.

"How does that taste?" he inquired, eyeing the cucumber rolls.

"I don't know." You took one and put it in your mouth. "Hm, I like it."

There were four but, even though Law liked it as well, he ate just one and let you the rest. You seemed to really enjoy them, and he had decided to try preparing them at home someday, anyway. You shared the rest of the dishes leaving them in the center of the table and eating from the same plate as you sometimes did at home.