Chapter 75

"(Y/N)," Law softly called your attention from the door frame of his room, where you were working.

You turned to him, your fingers suspended over the keyboard.

"Lunch will be ready in five minutes."

Why were you in his room? Well, he kept insisting you needed to work somewhere you could keep a healthy posture, and the chairs of the kitchen weren't suitable to be all day using the computer, so he was letting you use his room to work until you bought a proper desk for yourself. Either you bought a small desk and another chair to put it next to the computer in the living room, or bought a bigger desk so there was enough space for both the computer and your laptop. There was space in your room, but you didn't want to spend day after day in there. The living room had more... Well, life. You felt less secluded if you worked there.

You had also installed a program to keep track of how much time you spent on the computer and make sure you rested once in a while, so every two hours, a message popped on the screen and you stood and walked around the room for a couple of minutes. It was really annoying, but Law insisted it was important you moved your eyes and body. At least you convinced him to extend the time between breaks; it was impossible to actually concentrate if you had to take them every thirty minutes.

You smiled at him. "Okay, thanks."

He gave you a nod before leaving, and you turned your attention back to your work to finish what you were doing and go to eat. You had a lot of work today, so Law had offered to do the lunch by himself, instead of doing it together as you usually did, and you really needed that extra time, so you accepted.

You were about to drink the remaining water on your glass, but remembered Law told you not to drink half an hour before and after eating so the water wouldn't dilute your gastric juices. You had no idea what was he talking about, but you seemed to have better digestions since you followed his instructions.

You saved the last changes and stretched your limbs, your eyes moving to the pictures in the room. You told Law he could bring them to your room, or put them wherever he wanted, but he left them all in this room, what he called his study. He recently took Bepo to your shared bedroom, though, and it rested on your bed during the day and on the chest of drawers during the night. He also asked you to print out a copy of two of the pictures, where his parents and sister appeared. The first copies were in this room, hanged on the wall, and the second were on his night table.

Your gaze fixed on the picture that showed his mother and sister. You stood and walked to it, observing it with a sad smile. His family seemed so lovely...

Your smile slowly faded as you wondered if he got to meet his grandparents. From what you knew, the amber lead syndrome sprouted in everyone in the town at once, so it was possible his grandparents were alive too, and maybe, because of their old age, were the first to die. How many loved people did he actually lose? You knew he had an uncle, and he told you about an aunt once too. Parents, sister, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, friends, neighbors... You let out a deep sigh of sadness. It was too overwhelming to think about the many things he probably lost. The more you thought about his past, the more you realized how horrible it had been.

When you were about to turn around, you noticed something. You stared at the picture, your eyes moving from his mother to his sister and vice-versa.

'Do you like them, then? Girls like this kind of stuff, right?' Law's insecure voice sounded in your mind, your eyes tearing up as you recalled the morning of the day you celebrated your first month together.