Chapter 19

(Y/S) = your surname

"Hello!" you cheered entering your apartment. "I left a bit sooner to come here," you loudly said, closing the door. Your eyes scanned the living room in search of Law, and you walked to his room after noticing he wasn't there. Your hand raised to knock on the door. "Law?" You slowly opened the door of his room to peek inside, and smiled when you saw him sitting on the bed, reading a book. He met your gaze before greeting you. "Is everything okay? Have you been well?"

"Yes, everything is fine. Someone called a couple of times, but they hanged up before I could pick up the phone," he replied, settling the book aside.

"It's okay, if it was something important they probably left a message. I'll check it later," you soothed him.

"How was work?"

"Fine as well. My mobile ran out of battery, though. Maybe whoever called home tried calling to my mobile too," you answered showing him your dead phone. "I'm going to the living room, want to come?"

"Sure," he muttered leaving the bed to follow you, book in hand. He wouldn't miss a single second of your company now that you were finally back.

"What are you reading?" you questioned him, distractedly walking into your room to change into more comfortable clothes and take your phone's charger.

"The book is yours. It's the one from the driving school. I hope you don't mind," he replied, waiting for you at the hallway, his eyes ignoring the half-closed door of your room to focus on the book in his hands.

"Of course not, you're at your home. Would you like to learn to drive?" you asked, going out of the room.

He hummed affirmatively. "It could be a good idea."

You headed to the living room with him. "I agree. You can start studying that book and then we could sign you up in a driving school so you can do the exams and get the driver's license. I can help you if you need it." You put your phone to charge and turned on your computer. A soft frown appeared on your forehead when the screen showed you a message telling you the computer had been shut down in an unusual way. "Law, have you been using the computer?"

He looked at you from the couch, where he had sat. "This morning. Why?"

"You didn't shut it down properly. Did you use the button?"

He hummed affirmatively.

"That's not the correct way," you pointed out keeping your voice sweet so he wouldn't feel like you were telling him off.

"How is it done, then?" he wondered, leaving the book once again and standing to go to your side.

"Wait a second," you requested, waiting for the desktop to load. Your eyebrows raised when the Internet browser opened automatically in a specific page. "Law x Kid lemon? Why were you reading this?" You turned to him, giggling. Your giggles turned into louder laughs when you saw the panic in his eyes and the soft rosy color that was spreading through his cheeks. He looked adorable.

"Why is it still there? Your computer saved it? I should burn this thing," he growled avoiding to make eye contact with you.

"There's no need to be embarrassed. Esther likes yaoi as well. She just avoids it if it's about you because she gets jealous," you asserted in amusement.

"I don't know what yaoi is, but if it has something to do with this then for sure I don't like it," he remarked, blush lightly darkening as a pissed off vein popped on his temple.