Chapter 119

The baby squealed happily from the screen, as her father was doing silly things to make her smile at the camera her mother was holding.

However, the baby got too excited, and one of the squeals was followed by a stream of half-digested milk, after which the baby smiled widely and toothlessly as if nothing had happened while her mother scolded her father.

The camera was obviously forgotten in your mother's hand as she went to assist the baby, but you still could see your father hurrying to clean the mess. Because the baby on the screen was you.

"You did that a lot, didn't you?" Law commented, his eyes fixed on baby you.

"Yeah, I loved ruining our memories," you replied with your head on his lap. You were tired so you were laying down on the couch with your ear resting on his legs while watching the TV.

Since Law's lap was taken, Sneaky had climbed to the back of the couch and was on his shoulders, almost like a scarf. She occasionally groomed his hair until he stopped her, but always went back to it after a while. He would have to shower again...

Your mother clicked her tongue. "It's typical of babies to spit a bit of milk here and there, but you were sick."

"You seemed fine because you smiled all the time, but you weren't," your father added.

You had taken your grandfather's TV from his study and moved it to the family room, where you currently were, to show Law your family videos. It was just the four of you; your parents, Law, and you. And Law was thoroughly enjoying it.

"Yeah, I wouldn't call that spitting," Law said after baby you became a milk fountain again, which caused your mother to definitely end the recording.

On the next scene, you were on the floor, playing with the rag doll that was upstairs now. Law's supposition was confirmed when you lifted its foot to your mouth and chewed on it while your mother said cute things to you.

Law was completely engrossed in the recordings the whole time. He had the chance to see baby you giggling, whinning, crawling, exploring, sleeping and playing. He had the chance to see you grow up.

In the next tape, you were already a kid. A small kid, though, three or four years old. Law loved how cute you were. A little blond girl was with you.

"Do you know who's that?" you asked him.

He didn't recognize her, but your question made him guess. "Esther-ya?"

"Yep."

In the video, you were hugging each other and saying how you were going to marry when you grew up.

Law chuckled. "I feel deceived."

Your mother laughed. "They were inseparable, and for kids love is love. They just wanted to marry to stay together."

When the video finished, your father played another one. "There's not much in this one, but my favorite video is here," he commented, fast-forwarding the tape with a humorous smile.

He stopped when the screen went black, and Law attentively stared at the TV.

The second your ten-year-old face appeared in front of the camera, you remembered what it was.

"Oh, no. Please, kill me," you lamented, dragging your palm down your face.

Law's eyes rapidly switched to you before going back to the TV, his interest and curiosity increasing.