Chapter 130

Law's POV

I ran to the bus stop, where my bus was already picking up new passengers. Thankfully, I wasn't too far and reached it without further trouble.

Once inside, I looked for a free seat and took my mobile to give (Y/N) the good news: I just finished the driving test, and I passed it. In a couple of days I would have to go to the driving school, which thankfully was a lot closer than the place where I had to do the test, and pick up my temporary driving license as well as my 'L' sign*. I would receive my actual driving license at home after some weeks.

She probably was waiting for my call, because she answered almost immediately. "Hello, babe! Good news?"

The only sound of her voice made me smile a little. I also felt relieved; it still caused me anxiousness when she left without me, especially if it was far away, or for a long time, like today. "Yeah, I passed."

"That's nice! I knew you could do it! And at the first try! I did it at the second. I'm so proud!" she cheered, although her tone remained quiet. She had to go to her workplace today and spend the day there, as it happened from time to time, so I assumed she was holding back as to not bother her coworkers.

I briefly told her about the experience and when would I get my license. She had to go back to work, so I couldn't tell her the detailed version.

After that, I turned to the window and submerged in my thoughts as I watched the streets passing by. I would call Esther-ya once I was at home. If I remembered correctly, it was the patron saint of her school today, so she had the day off and would have more time to talk.

That reminded me it had already been a year since I arrived at this world. I could hardly believe it. And, even though I still had many goals to reach and was worried about my crew, I was content with my life.

The ride was long, and I eventually grew bored and decided to clean up my mobile; in this entire year I hadn't removed a thing, and most of the photos I wanted to keep were already safe, both in my laptop and a physical album.

"Look, mommy, a bear!"

I paused at a recent picture I took of (Y/N). This one was too beautiful, and I hadn't printed it yet so, instead of deleting it, I changed my current wallpaper (which was (Y/N) too) for it.

"It's a polar bear, they must be doing some sort of spectacle."

The bus stopped and opened its doors.

"Is that a polar bear dressed as a butanero**?"

Yeah, I could delete this picture.

"You mean a guy dressed as a polar bear dressed as a butanero."

What?

I distractedly turned my face to the window. And almost had a heart attack.

My eyes widened behind my sunglasses as they met a tall and furry polar bear dressing an orange jumpsuit with what I was sure was my Jolly Roger.

Bepo.

It was crazy but I knew it was BEPO. Not an actor, but my navigator and friend.

I abruptly stood and sprinted to the doors, exiting the thankfully not crowded bus right before they closed and almost eating the bus stop. My eyes were glued to Bepo, but I realized he wasn't alone: Shachi-ya, Nami-ya, Zoro-ya, Penguin-ya, Ikkaku-ya...