Chapter 114

"Does it work?" you asked, looking at the ebook in Law's hand. You were both sitting at the edge of the mattress, everyone having already retired to their bedrooms.

You hadn't immediately gone to bed and had been inspecting your gifts together instead, and now Law had connected his ebook to the charger to see if it worked. He had also been looking over the coloring books, and they seemed entertaining. It had been years since he last colored, but you told him some people found it relaxing, so he would give it a try. Maybe he could color while you drew or painted.

"It seems it's charging," he commented, reading the instructions in his other hand. "I'll charge it tomorrow, it needs to be charging for six hours." He disconnected it again, and placed everything back in its box, then turned to you, and found you watching the sun pendant, caressing the piece between your fingers. "Do you like it?"

Your eyes lifted to his, a smile on your lips. "I love it. It's my favorite gift."

He mimicked your smile. "I'm glad."

"You didn't have to," you continued, looking at the jewel again. You had accepted to make gifts for each other, but you had insisted that he just gave you simple or handmade things. The pendant looked pricey.

"I know, but this is our first Christmas together, our relationship is nearly half a year old, and I couldn't give you a proper gift to celebrate our first month," he replied, his eyes on the pendant. "Besides, it's too perfect. I've been thinking for a while now to get a similar tattoo, and when I saw this, I immediately thought of you."

You looked at him, then, warmth starting to redden your face. "Do you want to get tattooed a tribal sun?"

He smirked lightly. "Yeah, I would like to."

"Because I'm your sunshine?" you dared to ask, your eyes getting a bit watery.

Law's smirk widened. Wasn't it obvious?

That was enough answer for you, and the blush finally became noticeable. "But a tattoo is forever," you blurted out.

Law chuckled. "I know, I have a few."

You nervously scratched your nose, realizing of the stupidity you just said. As if you didn't see them all every day... But you never thought he would want to ink you onto his skin, even if it was through a symbol. "Won't you regret it?"

"I've never regretted getting any of my tattoos. Tattoos are forever, but so are you." Plus, seeing your lovely reaction, he was more than decided, now.

This time he held back his chuckles. You had on your face that adorable grin, that grin of a girl in love you showed when he complimented you and you got shy because you knew he meant it and it made you happy. He loved that grin.

Noticing your hand resting on the mattress between you, he placed his on top, and your eyes dropped to it upon feeling his touch. "It would be cool if we got matching tattoos," you thoughtfully said.

"No," Law immediately refused, surprising you. Your eyes inquisitively met his, and he answered before you could express your question with words. "It's painful, and your senses are more sensitive than the average. There's no need for you to endure such pain."

You brushed the tattoos in his hand with your thumb. "Can't I get anesthesia or something?"

"There's an anesthetic cream, I don't know if it exists here, but sometimes is not enough or directly doesn't work, it makes the process more complicated and it can be dangerous due to the possible secondary effects," he explained. "If you really want to get a tattoo I can't forbid you, but I beg you to spare yourself that pain."