Chapter 25

Law's POV

"Wait, wait, wait! You have a wrinkle," (Y/N)-ya said hurrying to smooth out my shirt. She had insisted on helping me to get ready for the date, but she was being too perfectionist. "Let me see you." She hummed studying my face. "Come here." She dragged me towards the couch and climbed it to be able to reach my head and started combing my hair with her fingers. Other people would have made me sit down somewhere or bend, but not her. She had to stand on the couch.

I rolled my eyes but on the inside, I chuckled. I couldn't help finding her behavior extremely adorable.

I held back a sigh. This was a mistake. I didn't know what the fuck had gotten into me to accept having this date, but whatever it was, it had faded, and now I was able to see how stupid I had been. I was in love with (Y/N)-ya. It didn't matter if she didn't share my feelings, if she didn't care about me or if she hated me. I would always love her. Dating another woman wouldn't change that. Nothing could change that.

My best option was the one I had been so determined about from the beginning: fight to win her heart, even if I had to face the possibility of never getting it. If it was the case I would have to accept it, but I wasn't going to stop feeling this way, and for sure I wasn't going to give up so soon.

I wondered how I was going to make Esther-ya understand that I couldn't be with her. I had to be careful, I didn't want to risk breaking their friendship or loosing (Y/N)-ya in any sense. Maybe I could live without her love but there was no way that I could live without her. And I would never forgive me if she got hurt because of me. Besides, Esther-ya may be a bit irritating sometimes but she didn't deserve to be treated carelessly.

(Y/N)-ya jumped from the couch and studied me. "Perfect!" She nodded. "You look even more handsome than usual."

My heart skipped a beat. She still thought I was handsome...

At that moment the bell rang. "That must be Esther!" she cheered. "Are you nervous?"

"Not really," I mumbled.

"Go and open the door. Don't make her wait." She gently pushed me towards the door. I looked at her one more time before opening. "Good luck!" she quietly mouthed giving me two thumbs up.

I opened the door, a smiling Esther-ya waiting on the other side. I have to admit that she looked beautiful. She was wearing a simple emerald dress with thin straps, the skirt reached just above her knees and the color made her green eyes stand out more. But that didn't matter. To me, nobody could be more beautiful than (Y/N)-ya.

"Hello! Hey, (Y/N)!" she greeted happily. "Are you ready for our date?"

"Yes," I replied.

"Let's go, then," she chimed turning to start walking away.

"Have you taken the mobile and the keys?" (Y/N)-ya quickly asked me before we left.

"They're in my pocket," I answered patting the pocket of my dark jeans. She had helped me to pick my outfit, which ended up consisting on black jeans and a formal gray shirt. My hat would stay in my room. It was kind of casual but she assured I looked great with it.

"And the wallet?" she added. She had started to give me some money just in case, and so I had some freedom.

"I have it too."

"Okay. Have fun, then! Bye!" she said approaching the door to close it behind me. Esther and I said good bye as well and the door was closed as we walked away.

The trip in the car was a little uncomfortable to me. Esther-ya was very excited and talked nonstop about the restaurant we were heading to and some other random stuff, but I didn't really know what to say. Most of the time I wasn't even listening, too worried about what would I do at the end of the night to tell her this wasn't going to repeat. I thought about (Y/N)-ya as well, a small part of me worried she would get mad at me if she considered I didn't treat her best friend properly.