Chapter 134

After you entered your bedroom (you let kitten Bepo in, as well), Law closed the door.

The first thing you noticed was the huge sword on your mattress. "Oh! Is this Kikoku?" you admired, guessing his crew had brought the real one. "It's bigger than I thought."

"That's what she said," Law joked teasingly.

You rolled your eyes at him, making sure he saw you.

"The replica Esther-ya gifted me measures the same," he pointed out, walking toward it to grab it and show it to you. "I've missed it," he admitted, carefully sliding his fingertips over the blade.

"I often forget you're a swordsman," you commented, noticing how proud he seemed of his nodachi. "I don't recall having seen you use it like... you know, like swords are supposed to be used. You always use it with your devil fruit."

He shrugged. "I've used it without my devil fruit some times, but combining it with my room has many advantages."

"It looks very heavy."

He smirked lightly. "Yeah, given your size and strength I doubt you could even lift it."

You playfully showed him your tongue, then eyed his nodachi, thoughtfully. "I'm not sure if I like having a cursed sword in my house..."

Law chuckled. "We'll be fine."

After that, he sheathed his sword and carried it to a corner of the room, where he left it leaning between both walls, turning to you once he made sure it wouldn't fall.

He walked back to the bed and pulled your wrist to ask you to sit with him. "Are you alright?" he asked, going serious.

You blinked at him and nodded with a smile. "Yeah! They're here!" You threw your arms around his neck. "Isn't it nice? They're here!" Your lips pecked his neck. "I'm sorry I haven't reacted more cheerfully, I was really surprised. But I'm so happy for you. And I'm glad we can meet, too."

Upon obtaining no response of any type, you pulled back to look at him. His face remained serious. Too serious.

You tilted your head, smile fading. "Is something wrong?"

His eyes pierced yours. "You know they're here for me."

You fell silent for a moment. "You mean you can go back?"

He nodded. "They found out how to control the portal I crossed.

There was another silence. Both of you knew this could be a difficult conversation, and it had come up too suddenly. It wasn't the best idea to avoid it, though. You didn't know if there was time for that.

"Do you want to go back?" you finally asked.

Law sighed deeply, his palm rubbing his face in tiredness. "Honestly, I don't know."

You bit your lip anxiously, fingering with the wrinkles of the blanket. "Law..." you softly began. "If you need to go back, then go back."

His hand uncovered his face and his disbelieving gaze met your clear orbs.

"I've thought about many 'what if's about us before, even this one," you continued, "and I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter that much what kind of life I live, but to live it with you. If you think you'll be happier in your world, I'll go with you."

He had to look away. You sight suddenly hurt like acid in his veins. He felt like trash. Because you were willing to leave it all just to stay with him, and he didn't think he could let you do such a thing. It would be too selfish. But he wasn't ready to voice it. He wasn't ready to see how it broke you. He would break, too.