Chapter 93

You advanced with resolute steps towards your boyfriend's study, excitement and a bit of impatience bubbling in your chest.

The door was open, so you peeked inside. He was at the computer, his back facing you. "Law? Are you studying?"

He swiftly checked the small clock at the corner of the screen. "Yeah," he distractedly replied before turning to you, "give me just a moment."

You nodded with a smile and turned around, but he called you.

"Is the computer in the living room on? I want to print something," he said.

"It's not, but you can print from your laptop." You walked into the room and neared him. "What do you want to print?"

He showed you the document and you explained to him the steps he had to follow.

"Wait a sec, I don't remember if the printer has paper," you realized before hurriedly going to the living room.

You put a bunch of sheets in the printer before plugging and turning it on and told Law from the living room that it was ready.

Law replied from his room and, short seconds later, you heard the characteristic sound of the printer as it worked.

He soon entered the living room to wait for the image to be printed, eyeing all the Christmas decorations you got gathered in the middle of the room. He smirked. "Is everything here?"

"Yep!" You nodded energetically.

You still were in the last week of November, but you were very excited about Christmas and couldn't wait to decorate the apartment with Law. You had so much fun when you did it for Halloween... And this could only be even better.

Law took the sheet and turned off and unplugged the printer before walking to the lamp next to the couch to have a better view.

"(Y/N), come here," he called you.

You quickly neared him. "What's up?"

"Look. This is an ultrasound scan from five years ago."

"Mine?" you questioned, remembering he found something in your medical history a couple of weeks ago. He had been very busy, though, and it seemed he didn't have time to investigate further until then.

He nodded. "I scanned it to see it on the computer." He pointed to an area at the bottom of the scan. "Do you see this?"

"Uh... No?" You just saw a bunch of clear patches on a black background. You never understood how anyone could understand those things.

Law chuckled, expecting your answer. "This is a scan of your abdomen, your stomach is here," he started. "This part is the duodenum, where your stomach drains its content, and the pancreas should be around here."

He paused to make sure you were following, so you gave him a nod, your eyes fixed on the scan.

"This line here," he continued, tracing a line over the scan with his pinkie, "is the superior mesenteric artery. This other thicker line is the aorta and, as you can see, the mesenteric artery arises from it, and the duodenum is between them," he patiently explained.

You nodded again. You could see those lines.

"As you see, the mesenteric artery and the aorta are very close to your duodenum. It's not clear in this scan but, if you look closely, you can see the arteries are slightly compressing the duodenum. The angle they form seems smaller than it should."

You remained silent. You couldn't see that much but you had no doubt he knew what he was talking about.

He noticed, but didn't expect you to see it. It was hard for him, he didn't expect you to be able to notice such a small detail. "The compression seems minor here, but it's possible for it to get more prominent at intermittent periods. This can cause abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting, apart from other symptoms."