Chapter 41

(F/C) = Favorite color
(F/D) = Favorite drink
(E/C) = Eye color

"Oh! How handsome, Law," you complimented cheerfully.

You were about to go out to dinner together. It was supposed to be your first official date, so Law, knowing how much you liked that style, was wearing a gray, short-sleeved shirt with dark jeans. And he had indeed succeeded, you couldn't erase the thought of how attractive he looked, even when he usually looked attractive nonetheless. Meanwhile, you had chosen a (F/C), cold-shoulder, flowy, summery dress.

"And you look beautiful," he smirked, earning a shy smile of gratitude readily followed by a pinkish blush. It seemed you finally took his compliments seriously, so now they pulled from you reactions as lovely as the one you just had. He liked the change.

When you were about to leave, you received a message. It was from Esther.

'Turn on the TV NOW! Channel four. I don't care if you don't have a TV near you. Find one and TURN IT ON!'

You looked at Law with a frown of confusion before handing him your phone so he could read the message. Once he took it, you walked to the TV and turned it on before searching for the channel four. Law neared you just as you found the channel and the both of you stared at the TV wondering what were you supposed to see.

At that time they were broadcasting the news, and you found the channel just as the smiling anchor disappeared to leave place to the last thing you would have expected to see.

On the screen, a very serious Law performed the Gwiyomi cosplayed as himself. Apparently, the video had become viral and it was everywhere now.

A hand went to your mouth as you gasped, too surprised to notice how Law's face instantly paled. "Oh my God, that's the video that girl recorded at the anime convention!" A funny tingling started to tickle your belly, but it wasn't until you saw Law's shocked and horrified expression that laughs bubbled up to your throat.

You laughed even harder when you saw his lips quietly and slowly mouthing a silent but clear 'what the fuck?'.

Some veins popped on his head as a reporter interviewed random people in the streets, asking about the video while the video itself kept playing and replaying at the corner of the screen. The girls (and some guys), regardless of knowing about One Piece existence or not, used to fangirl crazily at the man's charming cuteness and sexiness. Some old women talked about how funny the video was, although most of the elder people was at a loss about it. Some people complained about the stupid video being everywhere and being sick of seeing that jackass acting retarded. There were even some actual One Piece fans who explained who he was supposed to be and why the video was so priceless and epic.

You kept laughing at Law's increasing frustration and anger. Priceless and epic? If they could see his face at the moment they would know what was priceless and epic. You took a moment to reply to Esther's message with a 'Thank you. I'll tell you about Law's reaction next time we talk. I'm sorry I can't get you a picture, you know how he is.'

When the report ended, Law kept staring at the screen as if it was openly making fun of him and he was about to cut it into thousands of pieces. But when you placed a gentle hand on his arm, making him turn to you, his gaze instantly softened the moment it met you happy smile.

"Don't worry, you're not the first human who became part of this world's history due to an embarrassing recorded moment, especially since Internet exists," you soothed him, not too convincingly, at least for him. "Your video will be popular for some time and people will probably make a meme of it, but they'll forget about it eventually. I'm sure almost nobody will recognize you in the streets for this. You'll be fine." You squeezed his arm reassuringly.