Chapter 104

(E/C) = eye color
(Y/S) = your surname
(M/N) = mother's name

Law's POV

I smiled as my beauty groaned, pressing herself harder against me and the mattress and burying her face further within my chest. Can't say I didn't love the feeling.

I brushed her hair away to smooch her neck. "Come on, sunshine. We have to get up."

Another complaining groan. "I just fell asleep," she lamented with a raspy voice.

It was true. She had spent nearly the whole night awake, too excited for her brain to be able to disconnect.

We had fallen asleep at first, but when I automatically woke up after a while to check on her (as usual), I found her as awake as if she had gulped all my coffee (which she lately threatened to forbid me to drink because she had read caffeine could worsen my panic disorder). We started to talk, and I ended staying awake too.

It had been a great night, though. She was nervous, but mostly happy and excited about today, and even though we didn't sleep, we had a fun and relaxing time, chit-chatting, joking, laughing and even dreaming out loud. Seeing none of us could sleep, we decided to simply enjoy the extra time in each other's company.

Definitely worth it. And undoubtedly better than staying awake because of a panic attack.

She was excited about meeting her family again, and about Christmas, but most of all, she was excited about me being part of it. Even though she was nervous and had doubts, she wanted her family to meet me and vice versa, she wanted to show me the spots of the house where she used to play when she was a child, she wanted to show me the room where she slept, show me the garden, sit in front of the fireplace with me...

But around an hour before we had to wake up, she started falling asleep, and now she was exhausted. I had tried to make her stay awake, knowing that if she was going to sleep for less than two hours it was better to stay awake, but she fell asleep anyway.

"Aren't you excited the day has finally arrived?" If that excitement had kept her awake the whole night, it would hopefully give her energy to stay awake for some more hours.

She suddenly beamed at me, her beauty stealing my breath, and yelped adorably before tightening her hold on me and enthusiastically rolling our bodies on the mattress. I was too heavy for her to actually roll us along the bed, though, so she only lightly shook me back and forth. "I'm so nervous! I really hope you're comfortable at my grandparents' house," she said, looking at me with her (E/C) eyes wide open now. "It would be so cool if it snowed! Do you think it'll snow? It usually snowed."

I chuckled, and cupped her cheek to place a firm kiss to her mouth instead of replying. Obviously, I couldn't know.

I sat up, pulling her with me. "Come on, we have to shower."

And after that, I had a cinnamon latte to try. I loved my life.

"I think we have everything..." (Y/N) commented, looking around her to make sure we forgot nothing.

We were going to travel in her parents' car, and they were already waiting in the street, so we had taken our suitcases and were making a last, quick revision of the apartment.