Chapter 67

"For Skypiea's sake! Stop biting your lips before you draw blood! Law will scold you," your friend Esther insisted.

You obeyed and dragged your tongue through your damaged lips with a guilty look. "I can't help it! I'm nervous!"

"He'll get the job." She shook her hand, rejecting your concern. "It's a bar. They'll hire him even if it's just for his looks." Her eyes sparkled dreamily as she interlaced her hands and looked at the ceiling. "Such a divine face and almighty body can attract a dime a dozen customers."

"Don't you feel weird talking like that about my boyfriend in front of me, his girlfriend?" You gave her a meaningful look.

"Does it bother you?" She blinked rapidly.

You smiled lopsidedly. "Not really."

"Good, because you won the lottery, but I want to keep the ticket," she stated with a firm nod.

You frowned in bewilderment. "What?"

"You own the bills, but I can count them!"

"If you understand yourself, I support you," you murmured, already used to your best friend's random absurdities.

You were at your living room, waiting for Law to return from his job interview. Esther went to cheer him too, and the original plan had been to go with him, but he insisted on going alone, so you ended up waiting at home. Felix and Amy had wanted to be there as well, but their work shifts didn't allow them to.

"Do you want to talk about what happened? We have that topic pending," she gently asked you.

You told her you and Law reconciled the past Saturday as soon as you managed to get up from bed, but you didn't say anything else about it, and today you hadn't had the chance to talk before Law left, being too busy helping him and worrying about the interview. Honestly, you had been waiting for her to bring out the topic, not sure of how to approach it yourself.

You shrugged doubtfully.

"Are you two really okay now?"

You smiled soothingly. "Yes, we really are okay. It took us a couple of days to rebound, the fight we had was a serious one, but everything is forgotten now. We really are fine. We've talked about it, and we both agree this brought us even closer, so I guess it was a good thing that it happened." He was having problems with his insomnia again, though, but at least you managed to get him to sleep a little in the couch while you were working, or nap with you (normally you only napped when you were sick or especially tired, but had started to do it more often only so Law could sleep a bit). You hoped he could sleep at night again with time.

"But what happened? If I can ask."

"Uhm... I found out something about him that was pretty unexpected to me and I didn't like it. I got scared because I felt I was with someone I didn't know," you explained.

SLAP!

Esther noisily hit the back of your head with her open palm, hard enough to make you tilt your head forward.

"Ouch! Why!?" you protested, rubbing your sore neck and leaning far from her.

"How can you not like something about Law? HOW!?" she exclaimed in outrage. Then, she took out her mobile and looked for the first picture Law took with his mobile, where the three of you appeared, and nearly shoved it to your nose after zooming in Law's face. "Look! Look at this adorable face of infinite sexiness and say one single thing you don't like about him!"