Chapter 138

Your hand moved to rub your eyes attempting to clear your mind, that couldn't keep resting because of the annoying voices your ears perceived. Moments later you sat up, frowning at the wall in front of you in sleepiness. The Heart Pirates sure were noisy...

Law's arm came out of the blanket to pull you back into his arms, forcing you to lay down. You couldn't contain the happy giggles his commanding gesture elicited.

"Do you have to wake up already?" he sluggishly complained. It seemed he hadn't noticed the voices and only woke up because you moved.

You looked at the clock with difficulty, as he was keeping a strong hold on you and you couldn't move much. "Soon."

You heard him hum quietly, his legs wrapping around you just before his lips pressed a kiss to your neck. "We have time for more cuddles, then."

You smiled lazily, your heavy lids closing. "I'll fall asleep again if I stay in bed." In the end, last night you were awake for a while. It was totally worth it, but now waking up seemed something impossible.

His hands sensually fondled your naked body, every curve fitting perfectly into his, and he kept leaving a ticklish trail of kisses on your shoulder. "Are you sure?" he purred.

You grinned, still unable to open your eyes. "How can you sleep so little and have this energy the next morning?"

You felt his lips curling against your skin. "I'm the Lord of the Night."

Your eyes finally could open to humorously look at him. You recalled having called him like that before. "I'm dead," you sighed, feeling your total lack of energy.

His palm warmly cupped your cheek, golden orbs observing you. "I know it's an expression, but don't say it."

You placed your hand over his. "I'm here, silly." Your alarm clock sounded at that moment, startling you, and you silenced it as fast as you could. "Shower with me," you requested, then.

He kissed your lips. "Gladly."

When Law entered the living room, his hair damp from the shower, he headed directly to where his cat was. You had to open the door to let him out before your shower, and now Ikkaku was playing with him.

"Good morning, Captain!" his crew greeted him.

Everyone was already awake, although Kid was still lazily laying on the couch. His nose wrinkled when Law walked next to him. "Lavender? Did you use your girlfriend's soap?" he mocked.

Law sent him a sideways glance, offering a smug smirk. "More like she used it on me."

Kid lifted a skeptic, bare eyebrow, and turned his back to the room, tired of Law's nauseating cheesiness.

The surgeon squatted down to pet kitten Bepo, but he was busy playing with Ikkaku, who moved her hand here and there to make him chase it. "Your cat is adorable, Captain," she chimed.

Ignored by the small Bepo, Law stood and grabbed one of his toys, throwing it toward Ikkaku. Bepo swiftly noticed it and ran to catch it. How beautiful, his own cat loved a stupid toy more than him. "Use a toy, if you play with your hand he'll think it's right to bite and scratch you."

"That's what he says now, but when they play he gets carried away and uses his own hands as well, he's full of scratches," your voice suddenly intervened as you entered the living room with your laptop in your hands. You met Law's eyes with a teasing look.