Chapter 78

Note: Crazy busy day again, I'm sorry. I'm doing the same as yesterday. I promise I'll correct them once I have more time, hopefully next week, maybe even this weekend, we'll see.

Law smiled inwardly as he watched you dancing foolishly with Esther to a cheerful song, holding each other as you jumped and exaggeratedly swayed from side to side, laughing nonstop. As Esther had said, this wasn't that much about dancing, but about being spontaneous, having fun, and enjoying the music and your friends' company. He had never seen you behaving so childishly for so long, let alone with so many people around.

You twirled and changed places with Amy and Felix, Esther continuing her dance with Amy and you with Felix, and you sent Law a huge grin, which he met with a discreet smile. Like during the photo shoot, you did it frequently, wanting to show him you had him in mind, and he wasn't alone.

When the song finished, a slow, soft music filled the room, lights darkening. You felt a hand on your shoulder and turned around, meeting your boyfriend's soft smirk.

"Shall we dance?" he said, offering his hand.

You slid your hand into his, smiling. "But of course."

He gently pulled you closer to him, placing your hand on his shoulder before loosely wrapping his arms around you as you circled his neck with yours. Your bodies slowly moved to the song.

"Missed me?" Law playfully bragged.

"I did, somehow," you admitted.

He smirked proudly.

"Aren't you bored, being alone at the table? I could go spend some more time with you."

"I'm okay, sunshine. I don't get bored easily, don't worry so much about me and have fun," he soothed you.

After a short, comfortable silence, you saw Felix and Amy dancing near of you and shared a smile from the distance. Esther was dancing with her father.

"How did they meet?" Law questioned, having watched them too.

"Oh, they're childhood sweethearts. More or less," you replied with a nostalgic smile.

Law raised a brow. "More or less?"

"Yes. They met when she moved to his building, when she was seven; they were neighbors. She became friends with Esther, and then with me, and crushed on Felix. But Felix is three years older, and for him, she was just a random brat that played with his annoying sister," you related. "At first she was very shy about it but... Uhm... Maybe I got mad at her and told Felix she liked him when we were nine..."

This time, both eyebrows raised on Law's forehead as he looked at you in surprise.

"Yes, I know. That was a low blow. I don't even remember why we fought, but I felt terrible after that. I think that experience taught me to be a lot more forgiving and careful with my actions, it made Amy very sad and I really felt awful. But thankfully her crush was pretty obvious and nothing really changed. Except that she grew too confident about it and started pestering poor Felix." You laughed quietly. "Anyways, long story short, they finally started dating when she was fifteen and he was eighteen, and here they are."

"And she has your age?"

You nodded with your head.

"They've been together for a long time..."

"Yes... It's impressive, right? They're such a beautiful couple." You smiled, taking a look at them. "Amy says it happened thanks to my resentful tipoff. Since Felix already knew it she had nothing to lose and that allowed her to feel more daring and relaxed around him, and that made him notice her more and eventually take a liking to her," you added. "I think something would have happened anyways, but she insists that it was all me."