Chapter 147

Law and his crew were away for longer this time. Of course, as soon as he crossed the front door, and upon not finding you in the living room, he headed straight away to the bedroom.

Kitten Bepo greeted him walking between his legs, rubbing them and meowing.

"Why are you still in bed? Are you alright?" he questioned, too worried to even kick Kid out.

You hurried to sit up to feign nothing happened and forcing a smile. "I'm fine, just a little tired."

"She's nauseous," Kid responded for you.

You glared at him. You told him not to tell Law about how sick you were feeling.

Law sat on the bed next to you and observed your face, which gave away you weren't fine at all, while distractedly scratching Bepo's head. "Have you vomited?"

"I'm okay, Law. Yesterday was a weird day and I'm tired, that's all," you insisted, rubbing your eye.

"She almost did, she's dizzy," Kid clarified.

You threw a pillow to his head and, partially annoyed you hit the target, partially amused about your irritation, he threw it back at you, but Law caught it before it reached you and placed it aside. "Has she tried eating something?" he asked, directly turning to Kid, now.

"No, she's been feeling dizzy and weak all morning, she only drank some water," the redhead explained under your reproachful gaze.

Law placed a hand on your forehead to check your temperature which thankfully felt fine. "You probably need to eat something, sunshine."

"I don't know if that's a good idea..." you finally admitted.

Law's hand left your face as he sighed, looking at you in seriousness. "(Y/N), you need to calm down," his voice asserted, soft and caressing. "I'm not going anywhere."

You blushed. Five minutes and he already caught you. Your eyes flickered to Kid for a moment, but he had left.

Looking back at Law, you smiled and nodded sheepishly before hugging him. When he held you, a couple of tears escaped your eyes, and you heard him sigh in tiredness.

"You know what?" he soothingly mumbled. "Forget about the trip. We'll stay here. We'll spend this holiday here, resting and being together. Just you and I."

Bepo meowed, calling Law's attention.

"And Bepo," he added.

You pulled back to look at him, your smile growing, but you shook your head. "I want to go on that trip with you. Let me try eating something, maybe I'll feel better. When do we leave?"

A hopeful spark crossed his concerned eyes for a moment. "Are you sure?"

You nodded with confidence. That trip was important to him, he deserved to have it. "Yes, let me try."

"The plan was leaving after lunch, but we can wait until later if you need it."

"Can my parents keep Bepo?"

His hand automatically lifted to softly wipe your tears. "They do, I have everything ready to take him with them. Do you want to eat, then?"

You nodded once more. "I want to try, yes."

"What would you like? Toasts?"

You thought about it for a brief moment. "Yes, sounds good."